LegacyGT.com

changing my catted up pipe.will a sti stock pipe fit

well im getting my 05 lgt wed... and it has the oem catted up pipe ..

car has 50k miles on it ...

i hear disaster storys of that cat coming apart and messing up the turbo

i was wondering what uppipe will fit .. i was told a sti or wrx pipe will fit 06 and above yrs ,

or should i just get a perrin or cobb uppipe and not worrry about it

i was only thinking of the sti or wrx pipe cause a few of my buddys have there stock catless pipe and i would not have to spend the money on a aftermarket one ... (money could be used toward a catless dp instead)

as for gaskets im getting the grimspeed 2x thicker one though them ..

as for the down pipe answer im going catless...invidia...

only keeping 1 cat in the middle

Won't going with a catless dp get rid of the last 2 catalysers?

the only cats in an 05 gt are 1 in uppipe, 2 in downpipe. the downpipe(oem one) consists of two portions, an upper section and a "mid" section. both sections have their own cat. aftermarket downpipes are commonly 1 piece, catted having 1 cat, catless having none. perrin being the exception with selling a 2 portioned aftermarket downpipe(1 cat however) for no good reason other than being perrin being perrin.

^ Nice and clean and clear ripemeat. The answer to your question is, yes ... catless sti up. Perfect choice, especially if a buddy has one on the cheap. Get a single free flowing cat in your downpipe (unless you love Perrin for whatever reason). There's no need to be completely catless. Difference of only a couple horsepower.

As BAC says ... "All street cars should be catted."

well i got a uppipe from a friend for 40 bucks off a 08 sti , looks new

as for the dp , i got lucky friend has a catted one im going to pick up fairly cheap he went cattless, so im getting a good deal on the old one prob has maybe 5k miles on it..

think its a invidia.. so that will work

Archived