LegacyGT.com

Damn check engine light

Adam G

So for no apparent reason I got a check engine light when I started the car last night. Along with the light, the cruise control light flashes continuously. Has anyone had this or know what it might be?

Thanks

install a new filter recently or go under the hood and do something? i got those things and had to go in and just properly put my filter in. turned the car on and they were gone

+1

Is this a random CEL or did you do something?

On a side note Adam what is a ’05 Legact GT Limited 5A?

Its a limited edition car that's so fast it impairs your ability to distinguish between letters right next to each other on the keyboard.

Just filled up and the gas cap is where its supposed to be.

The car will throw a CEL if the tank gets below ½ and the cap is not on tight enough. Make sure to give it a good 4-5 clicks when filling up.

If the tank is full and you are throwing a CEL run over to AutoZone they will tell you what it is for free. Then check the code here

• 3 weeks later...
Update: took it to Gerald Subaru last week, diagnosed as a bad O2 sensor, replaced under warranty. Drove it for two more days when the CEL went back on complete with the flashing cruise control light. Took it back to Gerald again, we'll see if they can actuallly solve the problem this time. :mad:

• 1 month later...

CEL light + Blinking cruise light came on last night...My idle has been weird...it revs at a very low rpm when sitting for a while and then revs to almost 1000rpm by itself...and then settles back down to a very low rpm. I took it into the dealership today...5hrs later...NOTHING...The mechanic had a few check codes come up...but didn't know what they were so tomorrow they have to call Subaru to find out what the codes are...SHOULDN'T THEY KNOW!?? Initially they first told me that it could be related to the transmission...This is messed up...:mad:

I wonder if this problem could be due to a faulty o2 sensor...however, it seems people who have had their sensor replaced may still have the CEL light come on...:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Is is common to have random codes flash up?

What is your mileage when the 02 sensors are needing to be replaced?

It happened twice in the first 5000 miles. A different dealer got it right on the third trip there. Apparently Bosch let a huge batch of defective O2 sensors onto the market and there was no way for the dealers to tell if they were bad or not, so twice they put bad sensors back in and the CEL came back. On the third trip (second dealer) I got a good one and the problem is solved.

Actually happened to me 3 days ago. Stupid cruise control button stays on and gets annoying, along with the check engine light.. I pulled over and checked the gas cap. It seemed like it was on right, and when I turned it, it was tight, but click it a few times and the light turned off in a few seconds. ...Hope I dont hafta do that every single time I fill up... stoopid lights!! why do they hafta flash!!...

...but in ur case...if its a lemon get a new one!!...hope you didnt detail it yet :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived