LegacyGT.com

My disappointment grows

Im up to 2000 miles now and im really starting to wonder if i made a bad choice. Right away i have had the famous interior rattles, My radio loses its presets whenever its cold and today i washed my car to find a bunch of bad scratches on my hood from snow sliding off i guess....i mean come on ...do they paint these with oops paint from Home depot. I have had cars with bad paint but so far this one seems to take the cake...look at it wrong and you have a scratch right thru. I originally wanted a mazda3 hatcha and im starting to think i should have waited and gotten one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first drive on bad roads today and i can't believe how awesome this car was on the road...i had to have my wife park her car and take her to work thru a hilly area and the car went thru like a champ. We don't have much snow but the roads are the worst i have seen in a long time. I don't think i slid even once in the hour of driving i did today....i am speechless. LOL

lol...I think im just kinda pissy right now. Ive been trying soo hard to keep it nice. I have a 8 week old car covered in scratches for no reason. I like the car but its not off to a great start...my wifes mazda is coming up on 10k and i have no complaints whatsoever.

Use wax to get rid of the scratches.

Make sure the passenger side seatbelt buckle isn't what is causing your rattles.

For the longest time (about five days) I thought my roof was rattling, but when I leaned over to get a better idea of where it was, I saw that the buckle was sitting a little twisted between the seat and the wall, and that was what was causing the loud rattle.

Im up to 2000 miles now and im really starting to wonder if i made a bad choice. Right away i have had the famous interior rattles, My radio loses its presets whenever its cold and today i washed my car to find a bunch of bad scratches on my hood from snow sliding off i guess....i mean come on ...do they paint these with oops paint from Home depot. I have had cars with bad paint but so far this one seems to take the cake...look at it wrong and you have a scratch right thru. I originally wanted a mazda3 hatcha and im starting to think i should have waited and gotten one.

i have an 05 w/ no rattles, about 40k miles on the ticker ... sounds like you got a bad battery too... take it and insist they replace it.

the paint does suck but when the car is brand spankin new it is easy to get pissy over every little ding and scratch....

Use wax to get rid of the scratches.

most wax isn't abrasive, so it will not remove scrathes, just cover them up.....

it'll look good until a heavy rain or a few wash jobs; you try some very fine compound used by hand and then wax over the entire area.....

btw, i'm sorry to hear about your unhappiness..........

Scratches are clear thru....they won't buff out. i know they will figure out the radio,, my rattle is the glove box..i jammed a rag into it and it stopped...i have another one coming from the rear deck. Im going to hit the dealer in the next week or two and see what they can resolve....but the paint is a joke

^^^sounds like warranty time to me.....

tell your dealer that you hand washed your car and found all these scratches on your ride.....if you insist that they were there when purchased, you should be at least able to get a repaint, esp considering the mileage........

paint is paint. mine seems fine. i also opted to have the entire front end 3M clear bra'd. we'll do the same on hubby's STI that arrives in April. well worth the money imo.

as for rattling, when i first got the car, we noticed the glove box didn't quite fit correctly. that was replaced under warranty and no more rattling. also, do check the passenger seatbelt as someone's already suggested. mine does the same thing... rattles and annoys the hell out of me. i've had my car for coming up 2 yrs now. my biggest gripes are: no rear fold down seats for 05 (you do not have this issue in 07), no HID (but that can be fixed with $189 HID kit), stock suspension (already fixed this issue). otherwise, my car is running like a champ, even after all the hell i've put her through... :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i hear you Big jack. i also have a 07 SE(3 months old) i hate the rattles but i just turn up the music and i forget it there lol i also found a bunch of scratches on my car i have no idea from what. my radio keeps its preset but its weird ..sometimes when i turn on my car the volume isnt as loud as when i last started my car... im just going to wait till it gets warm and fix everthing then

i washed my car to find a bunch of bad scratches on my hood from snow sliding off i guess....i mean come on ...do they paint these with oops paint from Home depot.

It's not just your car (or this model, for that matter) with paint issues. Since the new legislation regarding what solvents manufactures can and cannot use was implemented, paint quality has gone down across the board on ALL cars, IMO. Certainly some models are better than others, but the new paints aren't quite as durable as the old paints, IMO.

-

Jim

Japanese cars rattle. There just is no way around it. Unless you get into the "luxury" market then you're not going to get as much rattle (in the JPN segement). Aside from that, I have mostly blocked them out and don't even hear them any longer. Anyways, as far as the paint, yeah it sucks but you know you're driving your car in the real world not always pristine road conditions or weather.

enjoy the car and drive it with a smile. If you're really concerned, bring it up with the dealer.

Japanese cars rattle. There just is no way around it. Unless you get into the "luxury" market then you're not going to get as much rattle (in the JPN segement).

I disagree. My parents new Maxima is silent. My sisters 2000 camry doesn't make any noise. Heck, my 92 Z has fewer interior noises than my 06 lLegacy. Its not Japense, IMO, it's Subaru.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I disagree. My parents new Maxima is silent. My sisters 2000 camry doesn't make any noise. Heck, my 92 Z has fewer interior noises than my 06 lLegacy. Its not Japense, IMO, it's Subaru.

My Outback rattles less than my previous Accord. But from what I've read, experiences differ quite widely.

My mazda is silent. My POS chrylser van never made a noise...my Dodge ram didn't start til 20k ....I understand that stuff doesn't stay tight forever but give me a little while at least. As far as paint goes i know alot of the new paint is bad. My mazdas paint isn't the greatest but scratches thru the paint because of snow? Give me a break. I didn't brush the snow off because i was afraid of scratching it.

Why would you say this? Have you ever driven a Dodge? Or a Volkswagen? Or a Mini? Or a Citroen? I have - they ALL rattle. American cars, from my experience are the worst (esp. mid 90's Fords).

Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

Cars (in general) rattle. My experience has been that the japanese cars have odd rattles that are more suttle (and annoying) than in german cars or even American cars.

One thing I've noticed in at least the '05 and up cars is that the build quality just isn't there from cars between '96-'04. Cheaper materials, less labor, more machines causes crap like this to happen.

As far as Mr. Weasel's Maxima, probably had enough sound dampining material to where you couldn't hear it as much. ;)

I feel you, I bought a brand new 07 in jan. and already got chipped and dinged (only after 2 weeks of ownership).

The rattle noise, I realize is coming from the passenger belt also. I was like, this never happen a week ago, then realize the belt was vibrating against the pillar.

One thing I notice too, the new Leggy's come with Yokohama tires, they perform very nice for factory tires but noisy as heck. I have some Yoko's Advans on my old car and it is quiet. I guess I have to wait to get some new shoes.

For the scratches, I got the DISO (dealer installed swirled options), I think you might have the same problem and not from the ice falling off the car.

I am covered in road salt and when i wiped it off with a microfiber towel, the swirls were all over the car. I just need to wash, clay, polish and wax the car when it get warmer.

bought a new 06 on november, just a lot of wind noise

noticed some of rattling, but it was mainly pass. seatbelt and because of the hard plastic on the back of the pass. seat where the netting is, i never put stuff there anymore

Warranty.

Document everything and take your car to the dealer.

I had several annoyances fixed (like rattles) quickly and easily.

Complain about the paint and show them exactly what you are talking about. I bet they do something for you.

Archived