LegacyGT.com

Box on inside of windshield?

Sorry, I'm sure this is a n00b question, but I searched here and google to no avail.

I don't have an owners manual otherwise I would look there.

What is the square box on the top/passenger side of my windshield? About 4x4x1" with a wire coming out of it going into the headliner.

Thanks

sh!t he found the camera I installed. dude picks his nose and eats his boogers....and wonders why he's sick.:rolleyes:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Interesting. Wonder what it would take to make it functional. I don't have a special fob and the car doesn't start if the clutch isn't pushed in so I wonder if that's all that's left of it.

probably the rest of the system...

kinda looks like a satellite antenna to me. follow the cord and see where it goes.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

kinda looks like a satellite antenna to me. follow the cord and see where it goes.

That should be what it is. Haven't finished reading the other post yet.

Is there a SAT option on the big round button on the left side of the radio ?

You need to call the service provider and give them a number and pay the monthly fee and you'll have the service.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Looks like regular antenna.May have replaced the rear windshield antenna which would require the entire rear window replacement to fix:

So rather than replace the rear window, the previous owner simply added an AF antenna and adapter. Why run wires all the way from the back of the car:)

The stock antenna sucks in any case.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

FWIW, when I installed the Sat radio in my 09 I stuck the antenna behind the rear view mirror next to the easy-pass by the V1. I don't see it that way or the passenger.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived