LegacyGT.com

Normally you won't get pulled over for tints alone. Its usually for something else and then they tag you for the windows. I always roll my windows down when pulled so they feel more at ease and have less to hassle me about.

Of course if you were being a moron and bumping your tunes at high volume at a light with tints next to a popo that's another story altogether. :p

my wife calls me this morning and said a cop was giving her a hard time bout it...." i could give u a ticket for every one of these windows blah blah blah " typical asshole cop attidute, in the bronx tremont area

cops in bronx are like that though, they hate tints cuz they cant see whats going on in the vehicle. they can give u a tickiet if ur tint is above %33. best thing to do is to get the tints done my the dealer or the manufacturer. pz

Never (of course now I will). I have a wagon though so they don't really notice. They assume all back windows are tinted on a wagon or suv & they dont notice the fronts since they're rolled down if yuo get pulled over.

Never had a problem on any old cars (regular sedans) that were tinted.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

cops in bronx are like that though, they hate tints cuz they cant see whats going on in the vehicle. they can give u a tickiet if ur tint is above %33. best thing to do is to get the tints done my the dealer or the manufacturer. pz

LOL. That's why it's a law.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Generally you dont get pulled over for non moving violations unless its a seatbelt check point. Usually you get tint ticket if the officer sees you driving fast but was not able to get a radar or laser reading, so he looks for somthing to ticket you for.

at the entrance of the midtown tunnel on the right they are always stopping for that. that is what I git stopped for. they had the meter ready. I think they can't give you a ticket unless they take the reading. the two I have gotten they took the reading with the machine.

X

---

Not ticketed, but does the tint rules apply to all windows?

Here in Sweden it's legal to tint as much as you like on the windows that are behind the driver, but not the windows within the driver's primary vision area.

453747.png

my wife calls me this morning and said a cop was giving her a hard time bout it...." i could give u a ticket for every one of these windows blah blah blah " typical asshole cop attidute, in the bronx tremont area

That would be funny to see - That would be 7, no?

1: Driver

2: Front passenger

3: Rear Driver side main window

4: Rear Driver side quarterlight

5: Rear Passenger side main window

6: Rear Passenger side quarterlight

7: Rear window

(assuming you didn't tint the windshield)

Did they pull her over just for the tints?

thats what she said, got coffee from 7-11 pulled out of the parking lot and this cop pulls up next to her and then pulls her over, 7 in the morning on her way to work at a school, local roads not speeding, insureance/reg. all current and paid ect ect.

i've heard that too bout why cops don't like tint but thats bu||sh!t, if their biggest fear is having a gun pulled on them change the rules so its not so easy to get a gun, how bout not letting gun lobbiest control lawmakers, i've never heard of anyone using tint to harm another person, anyone ever seen gun related crime rates in other say G7 countries, russia doesn't count. and since when does "they can't see whats going on in the vehicle stopped a cop from pulling the occupants out and having a look around.

the thing is, you can limit the guns as much as you want, in NYC, it's near impossible to even have a gun..

do what you want with guns, but bad guys will always get guns no matter what... you don't need laws to prevent someone from getting something...

i.e. drugs...

Archived