LegacyGT.com

Subaru roadmap 2012-2015 (rumor)

WraithAkaMrak

Fact, rumor, speculation? Bit of all three?

All-New Subaru WRX: What to Expect (Motor Trend, Feb. 6, 2012)

From the article:

Senior staffers laid out roadmap though 2015 for potential investors.

New models:

• 2011: (completed) all-new Impreza
  • 2012: BRZ and Forester
  • 2013: Exiga minivan
  • 2014: all-new WRX and a brand new sport wagon
  • 2015: all-new Legacy

New tech:

• Stage 1: (completed) DI 2.0L for BRZ
  • Stage 2: DI turbo variant of 2.0L FA20
  • Stage 3: High-powered H4 turbo for new WRX. Capacity not final. Source says they're leaning towards 1.6L turbo based on FA20, w/ lean-burn tech.

Expected (rumored?) 3-door hatch and sedan for new WRX. Rumored electric feature on new turbo to improve efficiency, eliminate lag.

Reaction -

• No mention of the (new) XV?
  • I didn't think the new Forester was arriving this year. Unless they mean production starts this year, and we see it launch early next year.
  • Is Exiga coming to U.S., or just a new version for Japan and Australia?
  • I guess the "brand new sport wagon" is based on the Advanced Tourer concept.
  • Has a 3-door WRX been in the rumor mill lately?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what ever happened to IWSS?

Maybe it finally sunk in that he wasn't contributing anything new to the conversation, so he left. It was getting irritating hearing him say the same thing over and over and over again. Lately he's hanging out on NASIOC as SquareHips (HipToBeSquare).

the XV was test driven in the new Motor Trend. supposed to be out this FALL.

I dig it. Cool like an Outback, but not nearly as gargantuan. And they mentioned something about the Euro-only turbo diesel option that would be much more fun than the puny little F20 (or whatever they call it...)they will put in the North American editions.

So is this electric turbo a not so fancy way of saying Variable geometry turbo?

Negative. This would split the turbine and compressor. The turbine would charge an electric generator that would be used to power an electric compressor. Pretty cool stuff. It would allow for more creative mounting options and could reduce/eliminate the need for the coolant/oil plumbing.

Well arnt the new wrc cars going to be 1.6 turbos? If so that in a 3 door could spell a return to wrc

In 2011 they changed to cars based on the S2000 rules, but with 1.6L turbo engines. They were originally going to also use 2L NA engines in the WRC cars, but they changed their minds.

AFAIK the engine in the street car doesn't have anything to do with what the race car has to use.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Just make me an Exiga GT specB and I'll be happy :)

I would NOT want one of those tall, ugly, mis-proportioned, not-wagon, not-SUV, bastards in my driveway.

I'll stick for lusting after the Legacy wagon and the Advanced Touring Concept (stripped of all the "concept-y" BS).

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I would NOT want one of those tall, ugly, mis-proportioned, not-wagon, not-SUV, bastards in my driveway.

I'll stick for lusting after the Legacy wagon and the Advanced Touring Concept (stripped of all the "concept-y" BS).

:wub: And here I thought I was the only one that didn't have a hardon for that ugly as sin monster. I'll take an ATC, too.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

The XV is expected for a sept 1st dealeship delivery date...The new forester has been the most hush-hush. Most likely that will be an early 13 entry like when it came out early in 08 as an 09 model. The Wrx is definately gonna be more of a departure than the current linkage between base impreza and wrx. 3 door sti is because Subaru wants to be back in top in the WRC. The current 4 door sedan isn't keeping pace with the 3 door offerings from ford and citreon.

Not mentioned in the forecast the next legacy will definately be offered with hybrid options and possibly diesel in forester/outback.

Archived