LegacyGT.com

Roof Racks & Scratches

EquinnoxX

I was thinking of picking up a rack this year for my snowboards and was wondering if the load bars on the racks would scratch the roof. I haven't seen any racks for the legacy up close yet so I don't know how they attach.

Anyone with a rack have any scratches when/if they remove it for seasonal use? I suppose i could always get some rockblocker or something to put under the rack feet if its that bad.

I have the Yakima Q-tower + Q53 clips and fairing for my biking and wife's ski attachments. So far, so good. No scratches.

Expunge some effort into cleaning the paint, polishing and waxing/sealing the areas on where the tower pads will mate to the roof and you should be good to go. I have done this for an entire biking and ski season with no scratches.

Despite the scratch-free results, I went and purchased some clear vinyl overlays from this guy:

480Nthe541

The overlays will be placed where the base pad mates to the roof. I figure that they are cheap insurance.

+1 for the yakima Q towers.

i ran them for one season and they have not left any scratches just make sure you keep your landing pads on the Q towers really clean. after a seasons worth of use i recommend switching out landing pads to eliminate the risk of debris scratches.

Archived