LegacyGT.com

Dash gear indicator question

For AT LGTs has anyone figured out how to make the dash gear indicator display all the time?

When in manual mode the gear is displayed, in manual when slowing down it will automatically down shift.

It would be kool to see the gear your in all the time

if anyone knows please let me know, and/or post the mod steps!

Thanks

I have a MT so I don't have that problem or need :)

But maybe you could take out your guages, and trace the wire from the gear indicators to your tranny... I would assume that when you shift over to "manual mode" it closes some sort of circuit, you may be able to close that switch permanantly. It is mostly likely a neg or ground that closes it....

Best of luck.. If I had an auto I would be intrigued to try.... but then I like my clutch and stick :)

going on what you said, it might all be in the ECU, and they may not be any wires you can jump.... also it might work the reverse way we are thinking, meaning when the gear indicator lights up the car goes into manual mode, by forcing the light on all the time, you might effectively get stuck in manual mode.....

From a quick look of the schematics, the combination meter including the gear indicator is driven by the Body Integrated Unit. Unless you can hack into that, you will be SOL.

thanks, are the schematics available for download?

if so where :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived