LegacyGT.com

Tuners/Install work in Baltimore

usaplanb

Currently in baltimore where I attend school (NJ rest of the year). Just getting in a Helix Uppipe and wanted to find a good shop in the area to have it installed, along with any other little goodies i decide to get for my car. Any reccomendations? Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
Yah... anyone know about how much it should cost to do an uppipe install... Called agile automotive and they said it'd be about $400. My friend does this stuff back home and said he charges about $150 and that it takes him about 1.5 hours to do, so $400 seemed ridiculous

thanks a lot for the offer. Some guy in owings mills on nasioc offered to do it as well, although I'd consider waiting til it gets warmer to have you do it since you've done this on a legacy before, and since you seem to know, well, everything about this car... others seem to think so as well... [quote name='CRAZY KEN']He's Da Man!!! If he can't do it...No one can!!! WeeeeeeeeYipYipYippy!!![/QUOTE] :lol: thanks - Sam

It's not much different than an STi or WRX uppipe.. it's just a big pain to drop the header and get to the turbo to undo the bolts from there.. some people do it the other way of taking off the entire exhaust and then the turbo to get to the uppipe.. I rather go from the header and get a new aftermarket header, uppipe, gaskets, EGT sensor for EGT gauge and do it all at once.. unfortunately I dont have a welder for the EGT work on the car. Keefe
Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='usaplanb']Yah... anyone know about how much it should cost to do an uppipe install... Called agile automotive and they said it'd be about $400. My friend does this stuff back home and said he charges about $150 and that it takes him about 1.5 hours to do, so $400 seemed ridiculous[/QUOTE] please do NOT take it to Agile Automotive. ... Unless you don't want to see your car for 3 weeks or you want a really bad installation. Bottom line - bad place. I guess drinking Guiness on the job might contribute to some of it but hey, I don't own a shop - what do I know right? =P.

i've heard some not so great things about them. Anyway, just tried to have my uppipe installed and things got a little hairy. Turns out the person helping me out works over at Racecomp... he was really helpful and really knew what he was doing, but we ran into a problem when we started taking off the turbo to downpipe bolts. We WD-40'd them first, then used a torque wrench to break them loose. They all worked ok except for the one on the top side closest to the passenger side fender. The nut moved away from the flange when it was turned, but to keep taking it off, it was so tight we needed the torque wrench. We thought the stud might have been coming out, but it wasn't turning when we turned the nut, but when we looked at the nut, it looked like it may have been cross threaded (a bit crooked)... anyway, we decided to stop there since we were pretty sure we'd break the stud if we kept trying to take that nut off. We'll probably attempt the install again once I get the replacement parts we'll need to replace the stud.

PB Blaster / Liquid Wrench > WD40 I put a new header on my prelude and used PB Blaster. Mind you the original untouched bolts have been experiencing hot, cold, etc for 40k miles. Did a super long spray for each bolt. Had a 30 minute lunch. Came back and spun all the nuts off by hand.

Archived