South Carolina Roll Call - add your screen name

SBT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hope not too!

We've had a increase to the 2015 budget, so I'll be starting the parts acquisition process for a stg 2.5ish build soon. Plan is to build an engine out of the car, then pull the current engine out, and throw the new one in.

I don't think we have anything down here. There is a wrx meet that I crash every other Wednesday at ale house on woodruff and cars and coffee at the Michelin hq by Pelham and 85. The wrx meet is discussed in the Greenville forum on nasioc. C&C is every 4th Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

We're actually in Greenville as I type this, packing-up and getting ready to head back to Charleston. Been here since Monday night looking at properties. Found a few that may work.

My realtor attends the C&C and has a hotted-up TransAm that he brings.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone stays safe these next few days with the snow and ice hitting tomorrow...

I get to work 12:30 to 10:30 tomorrow, if they won't shut our plant down. I'm taking the Subaru of course but this will be my first time driving an AWD vehicle in inclement weather.

Here in Greenville it looks like we'll have some ice and sleet tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully we'll be on our way back to the coast before it hits. Looks like the house hunt may be winding down.

I was able to get home before the ice got too slick. Discovered that my defrost setting on the HVAC is useless so I had to attempt to scrape the ice off the windshield. Rear defrost works great lol. SBT, did you make it back to the coast before this mess hit?

Was supposed to drive up today (now yesterday) for the house inspection, but with yesterday's snow and more expected, it made sense to reschedule for next week when the snow would be melted.

Was trying to figure out what to drive, since the 4th Gen is OOC with a clutch arm issue and I didn't want to leave my wife for the entire day without her 2nd Gen LGT. Will probably rent a car for next week's trip since the 4th Gen won't be fixed until the week after. Don't like being in winter weather without a Subaru, so may put the winter tires on the 2nd Gen and rent a car for my wife for the day.

Be safe out there and looking forward to our relocation to the upstate. We'll get together something in the Spring, after we're settled-in, for a BBQ or something.