LegacyGT.com

Minor accident, need new hood. Options???

hessticle

I was in a very minor "fender bender" on Monday evening involving the hood of my GT vs. the back bumper of a Hummer H2.

I lightly scuffed the H2's bumper but my hood is all screwed up. It is badly dented and is slightly torn at the front. So I need to replace the hood. Problem is I priced it all out and it's $300 for a replacement hood + $775 to paint the hood, blend the fenders, and respray the front bumper (the bumper has some chips in the paint so I am just going to have them spray the whole thing, just blending and not spraying the bumper would only save me $150). So I am looking @ a roughly $1,000 repair job just for the hood.

Which got me to thinking, Maybe I could save myself some money by picking up an aftermarket hood.

What are the aftermarket options?

I am considering the ravspec carbon fiber @ $499+ shipping vs the $1000+ to replace and repaint.

I am just not to sure I like the Carbon fiber. I don't think that any of my clients would take me too seriously if I pulled up to a business luncheon with a carbon fiber hood on my car. I am also a little concerned about how carbon fiber would look on an ABP car. I think Carbon fiber looks pretty good on dark cars because of the contrast is a lot more subtle. I am afraid it might look really bad on a light color.

I'll definitley have to think about it, $500-$600 is a pretty big difference.

Archived