LegacyGT.com

Subaru dealers

I can see a dealer refusing to do work on your car if the work is linked to modifications you've done which may be not in conformity with (example) emissions systems. However, as Tris points out, there are plenty of independent shops who can do the work, and it'll be less expensive and better.

I took mine to the dealer for the brake line recall. Not a word was spoken, but they did notice a leak I was aware of (and had repaired elsewhere). I think Subaru dealer service departments are well aware that their cars get modded. I doubt they would touch anything not OEM, but if it is there for an unrelated issue, there is no reason for them not to work on your car.

That said, I avoid dealers like the plague if at all possible.

Most of the people who work at dealers around me all drive modded subarus and one dealer will even install your aftermarket parts. As long as the aftermarket parts are not the reason for something breaking, you will be fine. even if they are, and you are not trying to get warranty work done you should be good

Most of the people who work at dealers around me all drive modded subarus and one dealer will even install your aftermarket parts. As long as the aftermarket parts are not the reason for something breaking, you will be fine. even if they are, and you are not trying to get warranty work done you should be good

Which dealer? AFAIK and have been told as much by many SAs, they will not install parts you bring; and cannot install any non-OEM parts because they cannot be warrantied for either manufacturer defects, nor labor.

Which dealer? AFAIK and have been told as much by many SAs, they will not install parts you bring; and cannot install any non-OEM parts because they cannot be warrantied for either manufacturer defects, nor labor.

Fred Beans sells and will install aftermarket parts. I would not expect anyone to install parts you bring in to the shop.

Archived