LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

we just got hit with a snow storm. so far around 10"+. I only have fwd, but my subie LOVES snow. Not easily stuck. Spent the whole day out driving around it, passing suv's... but they cant drive.

About to hit around 15 below tonight... Not sure about the rest of ya, but my subie doesn't seem to like super cold... takes forever to warm up in general. Oh well, its only suppose to last a couple days.

Edited by mnstrmech

Just after getting around 12+ inches of snow on sunday, it hits -12 degrees for the actual temp.. COLD for my area.. i actually had ice on the INSIDE of my windows.....

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/5/fiuf.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/89/0v0q.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/838/gvrv.jpg

^ yeah my subie doesn't love cold weather either, it was about 20 degrees this morning and it felt like the car didn't want to fire on the second turn over like normal, when it did start the motor shook a little bit like it was on 3 cylinders. No cel and after about 3 seconds it evened out. It didn't do that last year when it was 4 degrees during the worst freeze of the region since 1918.

Sunday we got hammered with snow and it hovered around 20. That evening thru monday it dropped to -12 and has just stayed there till today. right now its -5. I was out in the snow all day sunday. Monday around 10am i hit the remote start and it fired up no problem. Went out later that day, no problem (just poor heat output in this cold). She fired up this morning no problem either. Maybe im just lucky?...... lol

well it went as low as -8 with windchills that made it go down to -22 here in eastern pennsylvania, and my battery took a dump on me, wouldnt even crank by being jumped, so went and got a duralast gold and that was it... also bought me some shifter bushings and i did the ones inside and the ones by the trans output shaft are completely shot, and i didnt get the main one. later today i'll have no more loose shifter!

Took all my stuff out of cryo-treat and blend and polished the intake and exhaust ports on the heads of the 22e. Right now I'm removing a little bit of casting from the intake runner exits going to polish those with an 80 grit flapper on my die grinder. Can't believe how uneven the castings are going into the heads. Also polished my valve covers, they look mighty blingy..don't know if i like it yet. Looking for a 25d block to finish all this work off hopefully will be able to finish in April.

I have been keeping an eye on my heater temps lately. I've felt the heat hasn't been good enough, so i been driving around with a digital meat thermometer (i use this in the summer for a/c work), and noticed sitting at lights my heater temps drop, sometimes below 100, yet go up heading down the road. Highway or constant traveling i get close to/or around 130. So, i ordered an electric auxiliary water pump(ones that MB and Audi's use).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/835/l9j3.jpg

And BINGO!! even sitting still for 10 minutes, im getting 140 degree heater temps!!

So before you say it, NO, its not the heater core's fault, as the heat is there. Im thinking its that crappy Advance Auto water pump, but not gonna worry about that till spring. And btw, you can't even hear it run, its really quiet. And don't ask how i wired it, its complicated lol...

• 2 weeks later...
That's cool! Does it connect the black or green connectors?

Both. Green switch connects to green, white to black (only cause the package didnt have a black cover)..

I just used a crimp on type connector to plug into the check connectors, no cutting off the factory connectors.

Ya, i dont have any better pics cause i did it at work and installed it outside, and it was only 5 degrees out.....