LegacyGT.com

TWM Shiftknobs are nice and HEAVY

Xanth

Just got my shift knob from TWM performance. I had a Kartboy STS but the lever just seem too damn tall. I tried some aftermarket shift knobs but since our factory unit is weighted none of them seemed right. Enter TWM performance, just got the "Bombshell" model in gun blue, weighs in at a nice 590 grams.

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/images/bombshellshiftknob.jpg

Here is the best part, they have this feature they call NTIS short for Nylon Threaded Insert System thats friggin great. The hard nylon insert is of top notch quality and is threaded internally and externally. It threads just like the factory knob.

But the best part; since the threaded interior extends almost all the way to the top of the knob you can make your shifter about 2" shorter than stock just by not installing the height selection screw. You just use the included tool to thread the nylon insert all the way to the top and install. Instant short throw shifter. The crazy weight on this thing helps compensate for the decreased leverage. I must say, definately one of the best purchases I have made.

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/column/images/ntis_cut.jpg

TTIWWP

Ive been thinking of getting one of their knobs after someone posted a pic of the satin cue ball. the bombshell looks redorkulously cool but i was worried about it being too tall. any pics next to stock? any pics at all would be cool.

The shifter is so short now I did not bother securing the boot. It has not been an issue. So this picture looks like ass, its too dark for the mighty treo. The stock knob seems to have grown legs and walked away, or my brother took it, one or the other.

img010.jpg.e57175d3fcac6818eb707e72c49c7d0f.jpg

crappy pic but helps a lot. im realizing that the height of all their shifters makes no difference since on all you can screw the thing all the way on meaning a knob will be the same height but the distance it reaches down the lever itself will change.

hmmm.....what finish to order....

edit: ps...sorry cas...i may get your delrin knob someday when its finished but this thing is calling my name

I'll tell you what, it only gets to around 30 here in florida but damn. The mass is so great that by the time I get to work about 10 min later, shits still cold. The summer is going to be interesting, like hot potato. Think of it as a quick shift trainer...

Any chance on getting a better picture? I want to see what it looks like without connecting the boot, but looks like a very cool find. I have been thinking about taking the hacksaw to my shifter and threading it lower, but this may be right up my alley with no tools involved :)

You got me all excited. I thought, "Hey, this will be a shorter throw and cheaper than a $135 Cobb STS." So I went to the website to order the knob...

$100 for a shift knob? :icon_mad:

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived