LegacyGT.com

Loss off power to radio and climate control.

resipsa99

When I started my 2005 LGT for my drive home today, my radio and climate control were dead. Everything else on the car, including all of the other electronics worked fine, but the neither the radio nor the climate control would turn on (blank screens on both). When I got home, I shut the car off. When I re-started it about 10 minutes later, the problem had cured itself.

I called the dealer to discuss the problem. First he thought it might be a fuse issue. However, after reviewing the manual, the dealer told me that the clock and radio are on one fuse and the climate control is on another fuse. Since the clock was working fine, it must not have been a fuse problem.

Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an old post I see but I just had my LGT do this same thing to me after the third day of ownership. Difference was I shut the car off right then and there and restarted it and as above everything was good to go. Has not done it again.

it has happened to me once in the first few months of ownership, but has not happened again

but my player skips sometimes.. could have something to do with the cd-rws i'm using though, testing that out right now with store bought cds

I read this thread for the 1st time a couple days ago...the very next day my car did it to me!!!!How's that for a coincidence???

I had the defroster on when I shut her off to get gas. Got back in and started it, the defroster was still blowing but the display was blank and the buttons wouldn't do anything. Since I had read this already I just turned the car off and back on and it was normal. It hasn't done it since.

Odd.....

• 1 month later...

Happened to me once, I turned the car off and restarted, and everything was fine (I was in a drive through, so I could easily do that right when it died).

I've had the Radio/Climate control replaced since then because of jammed discs, and nothing on the new one. It was strange when it happened. Since I wasn't listening to the radio at the time, it took me a second to figure out what changed. I just knew something had quit, but didn't know what....

Guest *Jedimaster*

+1

Mine did it the other day too- problem disappeared on restart. Perhaps Microsoft developed the software for this part of the car.

• 3 weeks later...