LegacyGT.com

well apparently the oil filters are on recall

AWDxBOOST

Guest *Jedimaster*
*subscribed*

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//subscribe.JPG

I believe the oil filter is in its' 2nd recall- the original one, according to a local dealer- was too large and could cook the oil as it sat to close to the exhaust manifold. Never had the problem, but they had a new part number and all.

Err, the black ones are the non-leaking ones! Subaru recently replaced the black ones made in Japan with white ones made in the US by Purolator. This is the third change. 1st ones were the bigger ones, then they switched to smaller black ones, now to white ones:

From NASIOC:

"It seems like Domo isn't the only one with problems using the new AA09A filter made by Purolator. It sucks that Subaru is cutting costs by selling inferior parts to US customers. We better stock up on the made in Japan AA100s."

Apparently there are problems with the AA09A filters with batch numbers (printed on the filter) starting with F08, F09, and F10. I changed oil on my wife's '06 FXT last week using a batch F08 filter. She came home last night and complained of oil smell. I went out today and looked under the car, oil everywhere! Turns out the filter was leaking between the rolled lip and the circumference of the can. More than the "small amount of seepage" as stated in the bulletin. Fortunately the car still had plenty of oil in the engine. Since I still had one of the old black filters I put it on. No more leak. If you have a AA09A filter on your car I would sure check it out.

Cheers!

I had my oil changed yesterday at the dealer...The invoice says they used the 09A filter, but I am going to double check it for leaks before I make the commute home from work.:icon_bigg

I thought I might have smelled oil burning when I got to work this morning...I'll be so pissed if something is leaking :icon_mad:

BTW thanks for scanning that memo!

Archived