LegacyGT.com

Gas Milage

With cruise control on @ 60 mph. 28 +- (but lilke hangman says....after a fill up + reset trip odometer....otherwise I'd be including all those stoplight take offs!)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I have run 32k miles on my 08 so far (in one year) and i can get a regular 28-29mpg average per tank driving in "I" mode the whole time. If I baby the car the whole tank I can get avg 30mpg. I drive 85+ miles per day highway almost all of it.

But i will occasionally run 35% of E85 in my tank and have fun the whole time (read into turbo hard about the whole tank) and i still get 20-22 mpg.

Not sure if you been to LI but I take the LIE (495) 20 miles each way to work during rush hour. No traffic its a 20-25 min ride. It takes me 35-45 during rush hour. If I drive up the guy in fronts ass I get horrible gas mileage, but if I relax and accel slow its easy. At half a tank I'm at 25.5 ish, as tank empties it will get back up over 26.

I drive like a wimp 95% of the time.

:hide:

I was a usual 23-25avg, with a 57 mile one drive of mix highway and traffic. Just started pulsing and gliding down hills, dropped from 80-85mph to 72 on the cruise and experimenting with hypermiling and anti-traffic techniques. I am on my second tank above 29MPG. I also just switched to Mobile 1. All this on Contiextreme Contacts with 40k on them.

http://trafficwaves.org/trafexp.html

To those posting higher numbers, are you completely stock?

My lifetime (3600 mile) average is just below 23, and increasing.

Right now I'm sitting near 27mpg mixed. I can't imagine I could get more on my half-hilly-backroad commute.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

To those posting higher numbers, are you completely stock?

My lifetime (3600 mile) average is just below 23, and increasing.

Right now I'm sitting near 27mpg mixed. I can't imagine I could get more on my half-hilly-backroad commute.

Bone Stock other than removing the intake silencer. Commute definitely makes a difference. I live less than a mile off the highway. I hit a total of 3 lights over 57 miles.

Bone Stock other than removing the intake silencer. Commute definitely makes a difference. I live less than a mile off the highway. I hit a total of 3 lights over 57 miles.

One other thing...if you didn't notice my Nick, I have a GT. I keep my shift points usually below 2500 RPM, only boost when necessary.

Archived