LegacyGT.com

Sachs clutch ok for stage 2?

lgtvf52

hey guys im sure this topic has been dicussed but i cant seem to find it anywhere.. Since the motor is pulled from the car now and before i put everything back on the new motor I will be going stage 2 and I will be getting the car tuned and the PO of my car had the clutch replaced with what I believe is a stock clutch? (Sachs) 10k miles ago. I want to know if I have to get a better clutch or will this one hold up? If i have to get a replacement what do you guys suggest that wont break the bank (the motor build is already hurting the wallet) :lol:

the car is going to be getting a stock STi EJ257 shortblock and stock 05 lgt heads, vf52 w/ billet compressor wheel and tuned at 18psi.

Thanks

Check and see if you have the dual mass fly wheel or not. The only clutch that works with the dual mass is the oem clutch and spec clutches.

I would look to upgrade since you have a vf52. I use a clutch masters fx350 with a wrx fly wheel and I love it. Infamous recommended I try comp clutch that comes as a package with the flywheel. I also had a spec with the light weight fly wheel the clutch was fine but I wouldn't recommend the lwfw for dd use.

Get a single mass FW, I enjoy my Spec 2 clutch with my vf52 at 21psi.

It has a little heavier pedal then stock.

I would not do a LWFW again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived