Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless I missed something, FS listings need to be posted in the classifieds, man.

Well if you look at the first post you will see the that this whole string is a FS posting wouldn't you agree? So if that is the case then I guess this whole string should be in the classified section.

Edited by gershon

jazzymt is a registered vendor. Your one private sale doesn't qualify, and besides, it's his thread.

If you're having a garage sale, do you let someone you don't know, just drop by and try to sell their own crap? Didn't think so. Read the rules.

I have a couple questions. I am not sure which kit I would need. I already have a male to male headphone cable. I was using it to hook my computer up to the big screen but I no longer have that tv so the cable is looking for some use. Also I have one of those cigerette lighter to USB adapters. So I can charge my ipod with that, so not really worried about that. So the only thing I am on the fence with is the GLI. Do I need that? Is that only for when you listen while charging? Or should I have it no matter what?

Hey gents,

I put an order for the pro kit october 15 and i got no answer as of this morning.

Does anybody know if Jazzy is still in business?

His Paypal merchant account is sure is though!

Any cue would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the delay (yet again). Actually I was on vacation the last week - took my mom up to Sedona & hung out with some other family that came down to visit. Regardless - I'm still here - I'll try to get caught up on all the orders from the last week in the next day or two.

FYI - I'm also almost out of circuit boards and there will probably be a delay in another 2-3 weeks between when I run out and order more. They're pretty expensive to have made quickly, so I have to wait 3-4 weeks to have them made. I'll also be changing the design slightly to use RCA jacks in the future.

Hey gents,

I put an order for the pro kit october 15 and i got no answer as of this morning.

Does anybody know if Jazzy is still in business?

His Paypal merchant account is sure is though!

Any cue would be much appreciated.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

No problem Jazzy, thanks for the heads up.

Anything specific for an install in a Outback 2005 1cd player for the ProKit, other the the instructions provided by Jazzy?

Also, i cant find this information anywhere, does the Outback 2005 2.5 I as the automatic or manual climate control?

Thanks a lot for any input.

Edited by korivo
added info

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

I don't know what you do for a living, but I think you should go into electrical engineering. You must have been the star student in you HS electronics class. This little gadget is about the most ingenious thing that I have ever seen. Fantastic little device that is probably worth 2 times what you charge.

Super easy installation in less than 2 hours.

I put a y splitter in mine to run one to XM and one to ipod. Just turn the power off to the one you don't want to listen to.

Thank you so much.....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys - I've been crappy about answering emails lately. It's been kinda stressful here lately too - I gotta figure out how and when I'm going to get a new car - soon.

Regarding the aux-in boards, for those that don't know - I'm out of circuit boards. I ordered some prototypes from a new vendor for boards to be used with RCA connections. I was finally able to test them last night & they work fine, but I'm not happy with the new company I tried, so last night I also placed an order for new boards with my previous vendor - a much more expensive vendor. Since the holidays are coming up and I know people are already waiting for orders, I pitched in several hundred more dollars to get them sooner so I should have production boards within the next week and a half (with shipping). The new boards will install exactly the same as the old ones, they just have RCA connections, which should be a bit more reliable. Also - they'll be red...just because red circuit boards look cool. And I took out the capacitors because a few people complained of them filtering out bass and I'm just not sure they were helping any.

Regarding the iPod cables - the price is going to go up to $35 because PAC has released a new cable & it's quite a bit more expensive for me. The new cable however should be higher quality and is compatible with all the new generations of iPods, including the Touch and the iPhone 3G. I will have new cables before I get the boards. I'll also be going back to the RCA GLI since the board now has RCA connections, which is $2 cheaper ($15 vs. the current $17).

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

It's still an auxiliary input guys.

The new iPod cable from PAC I'll be buying is the IC-AV2. Check out my site or their site (http://www.pac-audio.com). I was planning on getting the IC-RCA2 (just audio), but it's the same price as the AV2 (audio & video) and it's not available. It's very similar to the old cable, but it has a chip in it to regulate the voltage to 5V for the newer iPods.

need to know when these will become back in stock

Look up to post 1743.

I'm definitely still wanting one of these, and will probably pick one up after the holidays. Too much going on right now, and besides you've got the new boards, etc. to deal with. So I can wait. :) My wife and I are also getting new phones (probably Sprint - Blackberry 8330 Curve), so having the AUX board would be a nice thing. We both only use our (relatively old) phones for calls/texting, now.

-S2

I have a Jazzy board that I installed back in September 2005. It still works great. We recently got a new iPod Touch. I understand that it will not charge with the old cable but I get no sound from the unit where my old iPod Photo works without issue.

Am I missing something on the iPod? Is there some kind of control on the iPod that I need to adjust or do the older cables not allow for the sound signal to go to the amp?

Hey Gents, ran into a little problem during the install.

I have heaps of static once the device is hooked.

Even with or without the ground loop interruptor, the sound is terrible.

I removed it and tested the cd player, and its fine.

I have a Outback 2.5I one cd player

Any idea?

Thanks