LegacyGT.com

what clutch should i get for my 2005 legacy gt....

subidoony

you should get the clutch kit that can search the forum for you. this place is a WEALTH of information. if you can think of a question, chances are it was answered in detail numerous times.

btw, i'm in nyc too. ;)

I'm stage 2 since 15k miles. Clutch replaced at 103k miles. Stayed with stock clutch. No problems. If you don't place Speed Racer every day, the stock clutch is fine. If you tend to beat your car, get a stronger clutch but beware. Lots of horror stories on here about aftermarket clutches giving up the ghost in 15k miles.

I put down around 340hp/370ftlbs on my STI...I've used the Exedy Organic Stg1 clutch...nice and easy on leg and about 30% more grip than stock...enough to hold my 18g STI's power...Equivalent ACT clutches are too hard on the left leg...

I did install an ACT Streetlite flywheel with it though...together with a Cobb lightened pulley and EL Header...the car sounded like a sport bike...fun!

hey subidoony how many miles on that clutch? and I don't mean in anyway to thread jack but im having the same issue and instead of starting a new subject I figure any inputs here well help both of us out! I know a lot of smart and great people on the forum.

Ok so I have a 06 LGT with 63k miles on it been stage 2 since about 38k today my clutch stated to slip while getting on the highway. I know my time is coming so after feeling this today I need to get a plan started. My list of mods is K&n drop in air filter, Cobb AP, Invidia UP, Cobb DP, magnaflow catback and running the stage 2 93 octane map. Now my driving style varies from driven like miss daisy in daily bases but also like to have fun with my car I wont be on it everyday but I will clear out the exhaust pipes every once in a while, maybe do some donuts in the winter time. So im looking to deff upgrade the clutch specially since the car isn't stock and eventually I plan on doing more to it but as of now shes my Daily Driver! I know a lot of people also convert from my dual mass factory set up clutch to a single mass from a 06-07 wrx. I don't mind the pedal feel from an 06 wrx so converting it is no issue also saves me money :) but I want something that can handle stage 2 power or a bit more with nice smooth pedal feel for dd driving but I don't want a chattery noisey clutch either. Also wanted to know if I should get a lightened SMFW instead of a stock wrx one.. thanks for the imputs guys!

I have the ACT HDG6 in my car. It is NOT very street friendly. I chose that one because at the time my son was having issues with the clutches not holding in his 92 Legacy with a JDM WRX engine tranny swap. Do NOT get a Spec clutch. I wouldd suggest the HDSS ACT clutch for street use. The HDG6 is a sprung 6 puck clutch where the HDSS is a full fiber clutch disc.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

• 3 weeks later...
i barely put any miles on. Sept of 12 to Feb of 13. It held fine and was at 315whp. A little chatter on decel but could have been cause my by group n tranny mount tightening things up. Was recommended by my tuner and i loved the setup. was a little stiffer than stock but i like that cause it feels like you are connected to the car. I would recommend

smooth as oem, its not a lightweight flywheel, the smfw is oem so its still like 20+lbs but you can feel the engagement difference compared to the dmfw.

Cool. I'll probably get the same setup. Where did you get your wrx smfw?

RUN< RUN as fast as you can from the ACT. I hate mine, it doesn't hold, it stinks so bad after a moderate launch my girl friend gets sick to her stomach. The frikkin pedal effort is so rediculously heavy I am going to need orthopedic soles on my left shoe because it's beating the crap out of my foot. What a piece of shit. The fingers on the PP are uneven so the clutch fork wobbles and makes noise when the clutch is disengaged.

Exedy or Clutch masters is my recomnedation, hell I bet an OE WRX clutch would slip less at 330whp

For you guys who purchased exedy clutches and switched to smfw are there any issues with the throw out bearing that comes with the exedy setup since its listed as 06 wrx? In other words if I order smfw and exedy clutch it will bolt right up to everything in my 05 LGT?

Archived