LegacyGT.com

Just purchased 05 legact GT-X 80k

I just purchase a few weeks ago a 05 subaru legacy gtx. Did some searching, the gtx was a dealer installed package at this one dealer. Comes with different interior, sti strut bar, and borla exhaust. From what I can see thats the only difference. Anyways, the car has 80,000 miles on it, from the carfax, it says there was only one owner. No other mods found on it.

What sort of maintenance should I be doing at 80K?

Anything I should be aware of being at 80K, any typical problems when getting higher mileage?

Very new to the Subaru's, used to be a die hard Honda fan. This is my first car payment and just want to keep everything serviced on the car. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Oh god, another one that got the "X" trim. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

A few quick things I'd advise searching for:

1. Banjo Bolt Filter (seems to be 05 problem)

2. Catted Up Pipe (may want to consider swapping for catless)

3. Check the maintenance manual. They say there is a major service at 30k, 60k, etc. I'd double check and make sure that you at least have the 60k maintenance done and get ready for the 90k.

I won't ask if/why you didn't take it to a mechanic before you bought the car, but I'll say take it now to check for things like exhaust/boost leaks and squeaky struts. It's a car like any other really, be good to it and it will be good to you.

Most importantly, do NOT drive this car like a civic.

Let me guess...car was bot from that shitball dealer in NY who creates their own models....Bill Kolb??

I'm guessing the same.:rolleyes:

Then again maybe another dealer has gone to the "Bill Kolb School of Creative Selling".:spin:

I just purchase a few weeks ago a 05 subaru legacy gtx. Did some searching, the gtx was a dealer installed package at this one dealer. Comes with different interior, sti strut bar, and borla exhaust. From what I can see thats the only difference. Anyways, the car has 80,000 miles on it, from the carfax, it says there was only one owner. No other mods found on it.

Anything I should be aware of being at 80K, any typical problems when getting higher mileage?

Very new to the Subaru's, used to be a die hard Honda fan. This is my first car payment and just want to keep everything serviced on the car. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Very new to the Subaru's, used to be a die hard Honda fan.

Very new to the Subaru's, used to be a die hard Honda fan.

used to be a die hard Honda fan.

:orly: With choosing a name that starts with JDM, I would never have guessed.

Meh there's no big deal about selling a Legacy GTX. Dealers have modified cars for years. Most famously Yenko & Royal.

However, renaming a whole car is a bit different like when they were selling Subaru "Elites" I'm pretty sure people reported Kolb to SOA about that.

But besides that, the whole dealership is crap.

Register your car in www.subaru.com and then go to MySubaru to download online version maintenance schedule for your 2005 MY

Dealership is expensive and google search your area which independent repair shops are specialized in Subaru & read reviews.

Best is to find home garage and the mechanics has good knowledge in Subie.

For example : I just got rear brake pads replacement with upgraded HAWK HPS (better grip, less noise, less brake dust), by Subie specialized weeekend machanic (in RI), total $125, while dealership quoted me $285 (parts & labor) for the OEM parts. It is big saving for a simple job and it adds up.

Probably none, VIN still says just Legacy GT

Depends on how they advertised it and how it was otherwise labeled. As far as I know, you can still have legal ramifications for selling something under false pretenses, depending upon what those are....

I'm willing to bet that if people asked what the X was, they said that they installed some aftermarket options and it wasn't factory. A mitsu dealer in Central Jersey was selling brand new Turbotrix modified Evos and keeping the factory warranty on them, I see it as pretty much the same thing.

Hey, just because he was a Honda owner previously, doesn't mean you guys have to jump all over him for a "Vtec, brah"... Give him the benefit of the doubt, let him earn the disrespect... ;)

But I was genuinely curious.

Also just check anything with a typical shelf life. Make sure the battery has proper output, fluids and resevoirs are in good shape, and the simple stuff. So long as the car hasn't been beaten half to death the engine itself should be fine.

have records of the previous oil changes? Full Synthetic?

As someone who has only had their LGT 6 months and has already replaced a turbo and engine stay on your maintenence. Watch your oil consumption. Concerned? Go get it looked at. The $200 I paid for my drip/leak test made my day even though it's costing me thousands of dollars. You're paying for it so it might as well run like a champ.

Archived