LegacyGT.com

Wondering

Is there any way of testing or knowing when the shock/strut setup on a 06 Spec B requires attention or replacement.

I ask this simply because from the get go these shocks were not very generous in their ability to absorb road deformities ,,,bear in mind it only has 25.4K miles on it,,,if that matters.I am the original owner.

Any info will certainly be appreciated.

firm is usually not a indicator of bad, and i would suspect you are just feeling spec b in jersey. pogo ing or excessive bouncing is when you are blown and riding on just the springs essentially and the point at which you should have replaced your suspension long ago. lol

You be soo Cruel....all the Time...The car has 25.6 K of miles on it....

It originally came with expensive but worthless Bridgestone Potenzas on it which I immediately got rid of....I am on my second set of Pirelli P Zero Nero.....Roman Emperor tires...

Since I bought it as I mentioned the suspension did not ameliorate potholes or other defecencies in the roadbed.This winter here in northern N.J. And almost everywhere else took its toll on a already crappy interstate system never designed for the volume or tonnage of today's vehicles.

Since it really transmitted the road when new,,,it's difficult to say,,,,let's change those Bilstiens....now..

Just don't know,,,

The car is in great shape too...it's just that I might go to North Carolina and want no problems along the way....

I need not your input ,,,,Max......Anyone who posts 13,000,000,000,times has no Life!

I ask this simply because from the get go these shocks were not very generous in their ability to absorb road deformities ,,,

You do realize that the Bilsteins are performance oriented and not intended to be comfortable, yes? If road comfort is your goal, I can sell you my stock Outback setup. You can even get some additional height so you can get in and out of your car easier. Bonus!

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Somebody with a 2006 car with only 25,000 miles needs to get out more...and enjoy life.

As for my life don't worry, I ski every weekend in VT. Been doing that pretty much the past 18 winters now. Oh, also built a 9 second Civic a few years back too.

Note to self...don't waste time reading threads by Thetoad.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Has now extended the envelope ...I'll yield from using this hallowed apace for evermore.

It was a legitimate,honest,inquiry nothing more.

Let your Über post poster influence you....

My intentions were as stated.Why are some so extremely pissed off?I worked 32 years building engineer on wall street,local #94 .I retired early,forester used for daily transport...I just don't understand this pent up anger....

Consider it a victory of sorts..

Archived