LegacyGT.com

Need help please 😬

Hi guys, not very mechanically inclined and I have been having issues with the steering on my 06 Legacy gt wagon. It seems to be stiff at times and sometimes squeals when I am using full turn radius. Is this due to power steering pump? I checked the ps fluid and it was all good.

Your comments and assistance are appreciated.

Squealing would be from the power steering belt. Chances are if the car is high mileage it could be worn out. I suppose it is a possibility that the pump could be on its way out. I would try replacing the belt and go from there.

X2 for what he said.

There have ben a few guys here with bad PS pumps. Mine has been fine, but I'm one of the ones that has had to replace the steering rack because it was leaking.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Squealing only at full lock isn't too uncommon, depending how bad it is. Not going to be a belt if it only does it at certain steering angles. If it is particularly loud, more than just a loud hum, probably going to need to replace the pump.

Archived