LegacyGT.com

This is HOT !!

The gauges can be done easily with the cubby pod adapter. The pop out thing, not so much. I'm pretty sure the Best Buy or some other electronics store can do a pop out screen installation. It'll be pricey, but Im sure it can be done.
It's cool; I'm with the band

All we need is an automatic door for the cubby, aside from the girlfriend...right?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/TurboBoostGauge2.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/TurboBoostGauge1.jpg

I'd sure hate to obscure my line of vision, using a top-of-the-dash pop-up like the Nissan...

Anyone smell cinnamon toaster strudel?

:D

be prepared for sticker shock

I got a list price the other day..think it was $751.00 + tax? (plus install cost)

These do appeal to me too Beast and whatever GT i do get next will get likely gain this set-up.

And for all you 'cinnamon strudel' pop-up lovers...five big ones (inc. tax) will get your this set-up.

http://www.subaruxtras.com/subaru/images/H5010FE060.jpg

Displays turbo boost pressure, voltage and oil temperature.

Engine manifold vacuum gauge replaces turbo boost gauge on

2.5 RS models and Outback Sport. Replaces standard clock.

WRX models excl STi.

be prepared for sticker shock

Agreed

The STi setup is the way to go IMO for a clean look and factory stock with a waranty.

BUT that mofo is exspensive as hell.:eek:

Imagine how many Subaru would sell if the price was even reasonable.I can only imagine how many are sitting on shelves in SOA parts dist. warehouses gathering dust.

i see those gauges in a glass display almost every 2 months. when i go get my oil filter from the dealer. trust me i didnt even bother asking " excuse me. how much are these gauges" followed by a moment of silence and panic attack. the reason why is they don't have a water fountain near the parts department at evanston Subaru.

but they are still a most have !!

i would assume this could be accomplished with a small 12v dc two way electric motor. small metal arm attached to the motor with a linkage attached to the cubby door. would need two different limit switches to stop the motor when the door is all the way open or all the way closed. could hook it up to a DPDT switch or you would have to wire it to an ignition wire.

if you could tap into the ignition switch so the motor was wired two ways, each way for drive the motor in two different ways. in order to stop the motor at the right spot, you would have to mount, say a momentary contact switch (or preferably a reversed one), so when the door (or door arm) opens and pushes on the button, it would break the ground to the motor so it stops it from moving.

i definitally will have to draw it all out and figure out the fine details, but that should be the basis of the circuit. i am definitally interested in doing this to hide my cubby pod gauges when im not in the car. might pick up a spare center dash unit to mock up a prototype unit then figure it all out before i do it to my own cubby.

i would assume this could be accomplished with a small 12v dc two way electric motor. small metal arm attached to the motor with a linkage attached to the cubby door. would need two different limit switches to stop the motor when the door is all the way open or all the way closed. could hook it up to a DPDT switch or you would have to wire it to an ignition wire.

if you could tap into the ignition switch so the motor was wired two ways, each way for drive the motor in two different ways. in order to stop the motor at the right spot, you would have to mount, say a momentary contact switch (or preferably a reversed one), so when the door (or door arm) opens and pushes on the button, it would break the ground to the motor so it stops it from moving.

i definitally will have to draw it all out and figure out the fine details, but that should be the basis of the circuit. i am definitally interested in doing this to hide my cubby pod gauges when im not in the car. might pick up a spare center dash unit to mock up a prototype unit then figure it all out before i do it to my own cubby.

Wow cound it be done? Seems it might be far easier to just put up with the girlfriend who's going to mess with it anyway for her sunglasses! In fact GF Subaru training school might be in order?

If it was a stock empty cubby hole, I wouldn't do it. But for those that have invested some money into gauges might want to like I want to

Personally, and as you point out...with the gauges I don't know why I would ever wish to cover them up? Just take the cubby hole door off!

zoom zoom!

Archived