LegacyGT.com

Question for MA people

05LegacyGTLimited

My Spec B rims will be here thursday... I need tires for them... I want to go to a shop that will actually care for the tires/Rims! I don't want to see the tire all gouged up etc. I have had no luck lately with tire shops and was wondering if anyone had anything or knew of anyplace that will care? I'm also thinking General Exclaim UHP's in 215/45/18

TIA!

Bobby

i don't know where tewksbury is but Little Foreign Car Garage in Waltham is fantastic. They are a bit on the pricey side but for mounting tires they are reasonable. they don't sell tires though so you'd need to have tire rack ship to them.

I purchased a set of General Exclaim UHP's in 215/45/18 from tirerack.com that will be here Friday... I just need to take them to a good shop :D

Then go to the dealer and have the TPM sensors programmed and BIU settings changed to spec B rim size for proper speedometer readings... If I can get a dealer to do that....

i don't know where tewksbury is but Little Foreign Car Garage in Waltham is fantastic. They are a bit on the pricey side but for mounting tires they are reasonable. they don't sell tires though so you'd need to have tire rack ship to them.

How much do they charge for mounting/balancing?

Since I work for Sears, I just took it to the Auto Center and had them do it.... Cost me $70 to have all 4 tires mounted and balanced!

the moron who mounted the tires did scratch them, but only surface scratches from the machine stretching the tire onto the rim... I used my powerball mini on one of the rims and it took the scratch out, going to do it to the others tomorrow after I take the car to Planet to have the sensors programmed and computer set to 18" rims

But my god do the Spec B rims look awesome! I had no idea they had so much luster! Even the tech asked me who painted them ahaha

• 2 weeks later...

FasTrack in Peabody does a great job, is great at alignment, and can order tires from tirerack for you at same price you'd pay online.

Swapped my snows for summer tires for $16.95 a rim.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Direct tire in Watertown wanted to charge me $33/tire (price includes valve stems) for a mount and balance.

I went to Hogan Tire right down the street from my house. It was alright, I needed to get them installed on the day I was calling and Direct Tire and Little Foreign Car Garage both could not take me that day. It cost me $34/tire I think. They do both the hidden weights and non hidden ones, mine are hidden. They sorta butchered my wheels a bit, I think. I hadn't taken too close a look at them beforehand, but did afterwards. I dont remember that much curb rash or black stuff / dirtiness on my wheels, but my memory sucks so I can't blame them.

How do you like the Exclaims? I just ordered a set for my WRX in 225/45/17. I bought a set of P1 wheels last week that have RE070s on them with a little tread left on them, but then noticed that one tire has severe cupping and the tread is ripped on the inside edge down to the belt. So I needed new tires fast and the Exclaims were a good price and got lots of favorable reviews. I hope to have them put on this weekend. I bought them from Tire rack for $90 a peice and they are shipping to a local install place that will mount for $30 a rim. Pricey I know, but I price checked with Town Faire Tire and they could do the same thing for maybe $4 less, but wouldn't be able to do the install until next week.

The Exclaims are an excellent tire! SO MUCH better than the RE92's. They are far superior. They are quiet and perform very well. I haven't done anything crazy yet but going 50-60 around an on ramp with absolutely no squeal is pretty good :D

Nice but saying they are better than RE92s isn't saying much :p. J/K but seriously I never understood how the RE92s could be such an expensive tire.

They very well may be garbage but i will have to wait a few weeks to make that judgment. I am getting mine put on today.

However, from a budget performance tire perspective they may be the best bang for your buck. I was looking at the Fusion ZR1 and the Sumitomo HTR Z iii which were all a few $ more or less of the Exclaims. They all got good reviews and the HTRs won a tire rack comparison test, but for my purposes the Exclaims seemed to be the best tire. I don't track or autox so I didn't need an overly aggressive big money tire. I also wanted something that does well in the rain and can take some low temps. I do have winter tires on my stock wheels, but as we know here in NE we can get wildly varying temps in the fall and spring and I wanted a tire that would not become rock hard in 40 deg temps. The biggest complaint with the Exclaims is the soft sidewall which can be somewhat overcome with higher tire pressure.

Archived