LegacyGT.com

I made it back!

boostsr20

To a Subaru that is. Sold my Legacy gt back in 09 and bought the TriBeCa for the wife. I only drove a few miles a day so I bought a beater. With the birth of our second child I needed something bigger than a civic hatchback. Picked up this fairly clean 05 OBXT for a great price knowing it needed work. This is my only before pic and I should have some after shots by the weekend.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/boostsr20/5D362CD9-10E2-463E-8707-EF87B2433E08-404-0000003C9B9D5A5F_zps7bf43524.jpg

It's getting a bunch of new bushings, axle seals, dr axle, wheel bearings, legacy style shocks (kyb for now), tein Htechs, wheels, All catless pipes and I will do the tune myself. It came with a cheap 16g on it but from a few data logs it seemed to flow fairly well (don't expect it to last long). Already cleared the headlights, put in HIDs and tint the tails all red.

Kyb excel legacy struts, tein H techs, no rear bump stops and cut the fronts in half. It rides fantastic but I'm coming from the comparison of blown end links and struts/shocks. I've got some train tracks on the way to work that if it were to bottom out, it would be there and it doesn't.

swweeet! cant wait to see more!

almost thought my computer screen went b&w on me there. love the color combo!

im anewbie to suspension installs here. how far can you drive after a shock install? planning on changing out my shocks but not sure if there is a distance or speed limit associated with misaligned suspension. i dont want to inadvertently damage something.

Crappy iPhone pics. I need to upload the actual camera shots but here is a full side view. Not sure if 1/2 spacers in the rear was enough.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/boostsr20/3CE334A5-C5DE-436B-A237-A8BC7AC224D0-9095-0000093B4D14B262_zps0634ff96.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/boostsr20/D122D350-C80A-45AF-B3D7-E77A2ED9C10A-9095-0000093B46287E87_zps2f9dd3b4.jpg

I've been chasing down some misfires recently and identified the stock intercooler endtanks are seperated. On the way I've got a DW720s/Fuel Pump, Grimmspeed BCS, Perrin Tmic, Perrin turbo inlet. Contemplating TGV deletes since I'm going to be pulling the intake manifold to do the inlet.

Got the alignment done on it and the best they could get the rear toe to was .38 and .40. Car drives so much better now.

you dont have to pull intake manifold to do the turbo inlet but i would pull it to do tgvs, plus it only takes like 45min. do not try to septerate manifold from tgvs just take the tgv bolts and pull that junk off.

btw if your interested in some fuel system upgrades i have some side feed fuel rails.

You shouldn't have to pull the intake manifold to install the perrin. I have done a few and never had to remove one. TGV deletes are never a bad option though

No? It just looks like getting the recirc line for the BPV back on will be hell. Is it not that bad? I was kind of hoping I could squeeze a Tbolt clamp on the turbo while I was in there. Not sure if theres enough room.

Archived