LegacyGT.com

COBB Tuning Legacy GT Swaybar Kit Released !!!

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/images/Cobb/cobblgtswaykit.jpg

Salt Lake City, Utah - May 4, 2006 - COBB is proud to announce the release of the high performance Swaybar Kit for the 2005-2006 Legacy GT.

A direct replacement for the factory sway bars, the lightweight performance Swaybars improve handling, reduce body roll, and do not negatively impact ride quality or NHV.

To improve handling and increase grip from the front of the vehicle, a larger, 50% stiffer than stock swaybar is utilized. CNC bent for a precise fit, the COBB front sway bar exactly replaces the factory swaybar and includes new mounting bushings. Compatible with stock or most aftermarket endlinks, including the COBB Billet Endlinks.

In the rear, an adjustable swaybar is utilized to allow fine tuning of the vehicle’s handling. In both positions, cornering ability is greatly improved. Adjustment may be made in order to increase/decrease the rear swaybars effective stiffness. Compared to the stock swaybar, the COBB adjustable rear sway bar is 195% stiffer in the “soft” setting and 215% stiffer on the “hard” setting. Exactly replaces factory swaybar and includes new mounting bushings. Compatible with stock or most aftermarket endlinks, including the COBB Billet Endlinks.

Due to the weak mounting system used for the rear swaybar from the factory, COBB offers a rear reinforcement bracket kit. This kit is designed to strengthen the rear sway bar mounting, and is a requirement when using the COBB rear swaybars. The rear reinforcement bracket kit is included in the COBB sway bar kits, or may be purchased separately for use with other aftermarket swaybars. Bolt on installation with no cutting/welding required, all hardware is included.

It is recommended the swaybars be used as a matched set, Front and Rear, for optimal handling performance.

Applications:

2005-2006 Legacy GT Sedan & Wagon

Part Number and Pricing:

924240 Front and Rear Kit, includes Rear Brackets $380 MSRP

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/cobb-tuning-legacy-swaybar-kit-with-rear-reinforcement-brkt-p-2474.html

924230 Rear Sway Bar Kit, includes Rear Brackets $215 MSRP

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/cobb-tuning-legacy-rear-swaybar-kit-rear-bracket-p-2475.html

924275 Rear Reinforcement Bracket Kit $75 MSRP

We know alot of you have been interested in these kits, we currently have some on order, and should have them in the next day or so. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Nick

RallySport Direct

www.rallysportdirect.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reinforcement kits will be a hot seller. 22mm a little on the small side for hollow bars... nevertheless, looks like an awesome product
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I assume Hotchkis is manufacturing these for COBB as usual. Dang I want these - I LOVE my STi's COBB bars. Should have waited before I picked up my Whiteline rear bar.

Dang. May have to sell the Whiteline for cheap.

Yaaay! Now, I just need help installing them! I have heard some complain that the FSB encourages understeer, while the RSB encourages oversteer. I'm not sure who to believe. I'd like to order the kit, but not if it's going to make my car torque steer like it's FWD.

Also, just want to put a good word in for Rallysport! I drove down there one day (about 18 mos. ago, when I'd first bought my WRX) to buy a Short Throw Shifter. After I told them I didn't know what I was getting into, they helped me determine, idiotic noob that I was, that I already had the factory short throw, and it probably wasn't worth buying another STS.

Rallysport Direct FTW!

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

Yaaay! Now, I just need help installing them! I have heard some complain that the FSB encourages understeer, while the RSB encourages oversteer. I'm not sure who to believe. I'd like to order the kit, but not if it's going to make my car torque steer like it's FWD.

Also, just want to put a good word in for Rallysport! I drove down there one day (about 18 mos. ago, when I'd first bought my WRX) to buy a Short Throw Shifter. After I told them I didn't know what I was getting into, they helped me determine, idiotic noob that I was, that I already had the factory short throw, and it probably wasn't worth buying another STS.

Rallysport Direct FTW!

Its weird with a macphearson suspension. Stiffening the front up actually increases front grip because of the piss poor camber curve. The more you control camber in a MAC suspension the better off you are. The STi guys are actually reducing understeer by adding the biggest front bar they can fit a 32mm stranos. If you were to measure grip by points stiffening the front will remove 1 or 2 points of grip but the camber control you gain by going stiffer will give you 4 or 5 points of grip. For a net gain in grip of +3.

This is completely opposite of normal suspension philosophy but it works quite well... All the nationally competive A Stock STi Drivers pretty much follow the same philosophy with good results.

The rear suspension follows more traditional philosophy but can also use some stiffening to control the total roll resistance of the car and take some load off the front tires.

RobY- Thanks for the info!

Seems like alot of people are intrested in a group buy, I have not heard anything from Cobb so I will assume that there will be NO group buy on these items, sorry. If there will be a groub buy on these, I will notify you that day.

Also the Cobb Endlinks are 300.00 for both Front and Rear Full Metal Bushing Links or 150.00 for front or Rear.

Please let me know if there are any other questions

Thanks

Rick

I'm having Cusco f/r sway bars, Cusco endlinks and the Cobb rsb reinforcements installed this weekend. The endlinks and rsb reinforcements are probably overkill because I don't push my wagon to its handling limit.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Its weird with a macphearson suspension. Stiffening the front up actually increases front grip because of the piss poor camber curve. The more you control camber in a MAC suspension the better off you are. The STi guys are actually reducing understeer by adding the biggest front bar they can fit a 32mm stranos. If you were to measure grip by points stiffening the front will remove 1 or 2 points of grip but the camber control you gain by going stiffer will give you 4 or 5 points of grip. For a net gain in grip of +3.

This is completely opposite of normal suspension philosophy but it works quite well... All the nationally competive A Stock STi Drivers pretty much follow the same philosophy with good results.

The rear suspension follows more traditional philosophy but can also use some stiffening to control the total roll resistance of the car and take some load off the front tires.

So, if the car responds so well to a huge bar up front, why do all the matched swaybars only increase the front by around 50% stiffness while the rear is more like 200%?

:confused:

........To improve handling and increase grip from the front of the vehicle, a larger, 50% stiffer than stock swaybar is utilized........ Compared to the stock swaybar, the COBB adjustable rear sway bar is 195% stiffer in the “soft” setting and 215% stiffer on the “hard” setting.........

Hmmmmmm, isn't this a recipe for massive oversteer, especially in the rain and snow?

Archived