LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

Hey folks,

I just landed in Belmont late last year and figured it's time to announce myself. I was in NJ for a while and before that New Zealand where we thankfully had our pick of gratuitously overpowered Japanese imported vehicles. My last car before I left was the 2.0L V6 Mitsubishi Galant VR4, which was a missile.

Right now I'm driving a 2005 LGT Wagon in ABP with 5MT. I just purchased a set of 18" Prodrive P1's in Anthracite from another member here and put them on and I've finally cracked the seal and am considering doing some mods. I also installed some stop-tech slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads and have to say I've been a little underwhelmed. I think I may already have warped them after only a couple of months.

I'd be interested in meeting up with anyone in the Belmont / Arlington / Brighton / Cambridge area to talk about suspension mods and see what others have done to their sedans or wagons. I'm in a bit of a quandary right now about whether to mod the springs and shocks or whether Boston streets will make me regret it. If anyone has any thoughts or even better, examples, of successful setups I'd love to hear about them.

-Craig

There's a lotta MA people floating around. I try to post up meets when I can.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found this forum useful over the years and especially now selecting my latest addition to the stable. I'm in Framingham and our family is now on the 4th Subaru.

It's all my fault, I bought a 2004 WRX wagon and loved it. Until it got pushed across the Lynnway rotary from behind. An Impreza behind me failed to stop and smacked into us - Subaru on Subaru violence! WRoXie did the job of saving us but was toast after 4 years of good service.

So, in early spring of 2007 I was able to trade her (as-is!) on a gold 2007 OBXT with stick. Great car, I would have driven it into the ground but for my daughter learning to drive just now.

In the meantime my wife bought a 2005 Legacy Limited sedan - very nice and quite a savings over the OBXT - buying used has its advantages.

So now my daughter's learning to drive and I'm the only one in the family really facile with the clutch. So I traded the OBXT for a 2007 Legacy Limited in Obsidian Black. 14K fewer miles, better fuel economy, and I don't have to pay for premium anymore. THIS one will get driven to the ground :-)

• 1 month later...
maoski87. location:chicopee

What are you driving? Recently, I've seen a gray specB and a red LGT wagon (although the poor thing was towing a trailer) around Chicopee. I don't live in W. Mass any more though so chances are I haven't seen you.

• 1 month later...