LegacyGT.com

5EAT highway cruise on/off throttle knock

snow05gtRI

Anyone with a 5EAT able to easily cause FBKC on the highway?

I've noticed if I'm cruising around 80mph, back off/let off the throttle, and then ease back onto the throttle (i.e. adjusting/maintaining speed) I can pretty easily cause it to knock on command. I've got a tool (BtSsm) that monitors knock events so I've narrowed it down to this point. If I'm VERY VERY (excessively) gentle getting back on the throttle, it can sometimes avoid the knock.

Just wondering if any other 5EATers (or MTers can chime in too) are seeing this

edit: The knocks seem to happen right around 2800 RPM +/- 400 RPM

What Tris said. Yeah, it happens. Unless FKLC or DAM start to be affected it's normal. I get it at that range, and that range, only as well.

You'll also get FBKC from just cruising down the road, as long as it isn't excessively high and it learns its way back to zero, you'll be ok.

:yeahthat:

What Tris said. Yeah, it happens. Unless FKLC or DAM start to be affected it's normal. I get it at that range, and that range, only as well.

You'll also get FBKC from just cruising down the road, as long as it isn't excessively high and it learns its way back to zero, you'll be ok.

This.

If you're really worried about it, consult an actual tuner. Otherwise, pull some logs, and be sure to see that where it's pulling timing (Should be about 2deg, right?) it's putting it back, incrementally, in about .2deg increments.

I've been talking with my tuner about it. It does normally pull and quickly reset to zero. However it looks like after a 3hr drive it has dropped my IAM and IAM hasn't come back up. the LV shows it's advancing timing, almost all the way across the board, with the dropped IAM.

anyway, I wanted to make sure it wasn't specific to my setup. the engine has some rebuilt parts and much of the engine bay is non-stock.

Archived