LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for subtle drop 08 Legacy

cali

I have an 08 Legacy Sedan, it has about 90K miles and I would like to lower it a bit.

Since my factory struts probably have minimal life left I probably should replace those as well and not just do springs only.

This will be a daily driver and i'm only looking to lower the car maybe an inch or so and would like to be able to keep a close to stock sized wheel (17x7 205/50/17) on the car without any rubbing or needing to roll the fenders. Is that doable?

I'm looking for good ride quality that's decently priced

I heard the swift springs Part#4F008 are pretty good but I'm looking for a strut / spring combo that I can order and have a shop install. Could I pair those with KYB GR-2/Execl-G that's what tirerack says fits.

I've checked these forums from time to time but finally made an account. Any help would be appreciated. ty

I put LGT fitment KYB GR2 struts with Swift #4F007 (Wagon fitment) on my 2008 Outback XT, and in my opinion, they ride perfect. They gave me exactly the drop I was hoping for, and the ride is similar to stock, but definitely "sportier".

Swift (even wagon specific springs) will drop an LGT sedan approx 1.75-2". Far too much drop (and too stiff a spring) for KYB GR2's. We do not recommend anything more aggressive than an Epic (Eibach Pro-Kit rebranded) on the KYB's.

Thanks for the responses

1. would new stock replacement KYB's last 50k miles with the epic springs?

2. would I need any other parts to get this installed or is it a direct bolt on with 2.5l non gt. I would be having a shop install it.

Thanks for the responses

1. would new stock replacement KYB's last 50k miles with the epic springs? - Yes

2. would I need any other parts to get this installed or is it a direct bolt on with 2.5l non gt. I would be having a shop install it. - Direct bolt on.

Swift (even wagon specific springs) will drop an LGT sedan approx 1.75-2". Far too much drop (and too stiff a spring) for KYB GR2's. We do not recommend anything more aggressive than an Epic (Eibach Pro-Kit rebranded) on the KYB's.

we've had our disagreements, but he hit the nail right on the head....

I ran the Swifts on my own LGT, with Tokicos. In NYC. Drop was far more aggressive than advertised. I confirmed this with other Swift owners.

My wifes 08 LGT 5EAT rides KYB GR2 with Epics. Over 40k on the set up. Still rides very nice.

Archived