LegacyGT.com

Rallisport v2 UEL headers w/ Magnaflow catback

Hey guys,

Just installed the rallisport UEL headers and a magnaflow catback on my 06 Legacy 2.5i today. Sounds great when i start it up, its got that low boxer rumble rallisport promises with his header.

Only thing that is worrying me is when im driving i'm getting that helicopter effect, like when you have only one back window down on the highway, even when all my windows are up. Some told me it could be misfiring somewhere but i'm really not sure. Any insight as to what the helicopter-type noise could be would be awesome!

Thanks

Your car is running 100% normal :) that helicopter note is the product of the UEL header + the MaganFlow CBE. That noise is present in stock configuration as well if that makes you feel better, just not as pronounced.

The v2 is really nice I like the slight redesign to improve the primaries. I always tell folks start with the header 1st, mufflers 2nd and full CBE 3rd to avoid the shock of the drasctically different exhaust tone change.

What size is your mid pipe? Any drone on the highway? No lag or any negatives vs stock you have noticed?

My mid pipe is 2.25". What do you mean by"drone" on the highway though? And there is absolutely no lag, if anything I probably picked up a few horses. The catback isn't 3" through out its tapered to 2.25" at the mid pipe so it's fine for us N/A guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question - on the Magnaflow website it says this was meant for the Legacy GT 2.5. Do you have to have a GT in order for this to work? sorry, this is an epic newbie question; just starting to dip my toes into modding.

What year 2.5i ??

The magnaflow catback is listed on the site for the Gt because it has 3" piping. I'm not entirely sure but on subiemods.com

The same catback tapers to 2.25" at the mid pipe. They also sell it for a lot cheaper than direct from magnaflow

havent confirmed that the LGT CBE fits those model year 2.5i. For the 06-09 2.5i all the LGT CBE's fit.

is this because, as TonyMont88 mentioned, the midpipe in the Legacy is not the same diameter as the midpipe in the GT? Sorry if my vernacular is wrong as well. If the diameter is different, can I buy a different pipe to fit? Or will that cause problems for the rest of the exhaust and/or engine?

I think what he is trying to say is the magnaFlow for the LGT ( I assume 05-09) is 3" piping that tappers to 2.5" at the flange to mate up to the stock LGT midpipe.

For the 06-09 LGT and 2.5i the stock CBEs are identical in flagne locations and piping downstream of the mid-pipes. So an LGT CBE for that model year range fits the 2.5i no problem, although it will be very loud, raspy and ping-y.

The 10'-12' LGT has a down pipe/turbo outlet pipe that terminates mid-car and mates to the CBE section not sure if that matches the same location of the mid-pipe terminus on the 2.5i

ahh gotcha, that makes sense. i should shoot them an email or call their support to find out.

thanks for the help!

Yeah im betting since the the LGT 10-12 wasn't a big hit with modders they dont have much for it. I know there is an SPT and several axleback setups for that year range. You could look into those option but they are mostly dual outlets and the 2.5i is single exit

Archived