LegacyGT.com

Dyno of mickeyd's Stage 1 map

Deaks2

257 hp and 276 lbs/ft of torque at the crank. Compared to 242/242 on the stock map. Time for an UP and DP!

This is the one you must pay attention to. Any idea what kind of dyno it is? So essentially it is just a 15hp gain, even less in whp figures. You should really log it to make sure everything is fine, you should be picking up more than 10-12whp.

Most definately, you were more than likely not seeing full timing numbers.

Okay. So I played with the car last night and my VVT numbers are no longer fixed at 8 and 2, they now go up to 16 based on load and rpm. I intend to strap her back down on the dyno on Nov 29. Will update you then.

I'm a noob with tuning info, but doesn't the COBB ots stg1 map put out 285/305 at the crank..? I don't understand what's so impressive about this tune..

Now, once timing adjusts, I'm sure the numbers will be better, but better the COBB's stg 1..?

The Rev2 should be the most powerful because it has more aggressive timing... Basically, the Rev1 was a development version, Rev2 was final, and Rev3 and Rev4 are progressively more and more conservative with timing.

I think... ;)

you think rev 2 would be safe enough for 5eat tranny assuming datalog was looked at and given the approval

It is different for everyone, I don't think there is a huge difference in power between rev 2 and 4. As you stated, you will need to load the map and datalog and remember, MickeyD's tunes are a starting point, most of the time you will need to make some adjustments. The good thing MickeyD has done 95% of the work for us. :)

With the 5eat it is recommended that you at least run an tranny oil cooler or avoid WOT runs below 3500 rpm. With that said, there are many folks who have run it stock with no problems.

I loaded Rev 2 on my buddies 5eat and he was getting some knock at around 4,800-5,500 rpm. The rev 3 map, specifically addresses knock in that area because some folks were experiencing it.

Good luck!

Archived