LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red,

I have a '05 2.5i with a CD changer. I was looking on your website for the manual that your previous posts said you put up for the 2.5i but I can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction??

Has anyone with a 2.5i tried this out??:confused:

Do you have the auto or manual climate controls? If you have the manual controls, you're better off getting a new bezel and new aftermarket radio. Then the world is your oyster! If you have the auto climate controls, post the model number of your radio to be sure.

New guy here. WHat are the pros and cons of this one, instead

of the kit where you put in an after-market headunit ???

If you have the Automatic AC/heat then your kinda stuck with a factory radio since the AC and the radio are intagrated. Manual AC guys have lots of options

If you have the Automatic AC/heat then your kinda stuck with a factory radio since the AC and the radio are intagrated. Manual AC guys have lots of options

thats not entirely true anymore, but it is a lot more difficult than buying and installing one of the aux in options. from what i've been reading, the advantages of this aux-in solution are that you don't need a "silent cd" and the GLI is built in.

New guy here. WHat are the pros and cons of this one, instead

of the kit where you put in an after-market headunit ???

Really is no con to this unit that I can see. Provides an easy to use, good quality AUX in.

OK, I guess installing yourself is a con. But buy a 6 pack and find a friend. Couple hours tops if you have any experience working on stuff.

+100 for this product!

Did the install last night with the addition of wiring in a Bluetooth adapter inline. Just spliced into the 3.5mm mini-plug and set the switch to auto. Now I can stream audio over my phone wirelessly into the stereo and it pauses the music on the CD if I get a call.

Thanks again Red Floyd!!!

+100 for this product!

Did the install last night with the addition of wiring in a Bluetooth adapter inline. Just spliced into the 3.5mm mini-plug and set the switch to auto. Now I can stream audio over my phone wirelessly into the stereo and it pauses the music on the CD if I get a call.

Thanks again Red Floyd!!!

What bluetooth adapter did you use? I would not mind augmenting mine to do the same. Can you still use the 3.5mm mini-plug to plug into the iPod?

I got a standard Clarion unit with hardwiring for power and audio [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UC158O/ref=oss_T15_product]Amazon.com: Clarion BLT370 Bluetooth® Receiver Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming: Electronics[/ame]

I just spliced in the output of the Bluetooth adapter into the input line of the Aux-in kit, retaining the 3.5mm jack on the end for the Ipod etc. I just turn the kit to automatic so if I get a call, the auxin takes over and turns off the music. Works well for streaming music, turn-by-turn nav, etc

In for the next batch. have money in hand.

Glad there is a good, cheap solution that's way better than any of the FM transmitters you can buy in the stores.

Need paypal information once these go back on sale please!

Hello, so the other day I spent about 4 hours installing the aux-in. I only broke one clip and only lost one screw. Two of the screws on the radio mounting it to the car are pretty far in there and if you dont have a magnetic screwdriver they tend to just fall down behind the radio. Make sure you learn how to remove the trim! There is a screw holding it down. I nearly snapped my trim in half thinking the clips were being stubborn.

The installation inside the radio and soldering went very smoothly. I didn't think I could solder so well haha. I mounted the switch inside the armrest cubby. A couple words of warning. I wanted the switch in the armrest cubby because for the most part it will be always on but once in a while I will need to switch it. Therefore I didnt want it out in the open. As far as putting it to the front of the cubby, which is where I wanted it, there is no room due to the cover that slides over the cup holders. While I was working on it I had the cup holders removed and was working just in the cubby, drilled the hole and mounted the switch only to try and put the cup holders back in and the cupholder cover was hitting the switch. So I remounted it on the very bottom of the cubby since I dont really put anything but reciepts in there and there is a mat to cover it up. Once I hooked up the wires and tried to reattach the center console I noticed that the metal clamp for the ebrake lines were hitting the switch and wouldnt let me take off the ebrake. I was able to bend the 3 prongs off to the side and duct tape the wires to the bottom of the console to keep them out of the way. It seems to be clearing it fine now.

Now here is where I am running into serious problems. First of all, I have what I believe to be alternator noise. And it only happens when I am using the Aux-in. There is a clicking noise that is fairly slow at low rpms and picks up in speed and loudness as the engine is revved. Also, there is static that I can hear in the background. It is as if the signal is unclean. The music sounds fine but you can hear static underneath all the notes. I can hear the static and it bugs me even more than my dash rattle. I do not get static from playing a cd. And the static also occurs with the car on and also off. Does anybody else have that and thats just how it is or is something wrong? Can anybody give me some suggestions? I would love to try a different audio cable but I hate to try a different one because I have to take the entire radio completely apart again to unplug it from the leptronix to try a different one and I'm not even sure that is whats causing the problems.

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the Wall of Text.

I need a comparison - Jazzy vs Leptronix.

In favor of the Lep - No CD, no ground loop (supposedly, but that may be different based on above post).

Jazzy - no soldering.

Anything else.?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Hello, so the other day I spent about 4 hours installing the aux-in. I only broke one clip and only lost one screw. Two of the screws on the radio mounting it to the car are pretty far in there and if you dont have a magnetic screwdriver they tend to just fall down behind the radio. Make sure you learn how to remove the trim! There is a screw holding it down. I nearly snapped my trim in half thinking the clips were being stubborn.

The installation inside the radio and soldering went very smoothly. I didn't think I could solder so well haha. I mounted the switch inside the armrest cubby. A couple words of warning. I wanted the switch in the armrest cubby because for the most part it will be always on but once in a while I will need to switch it. Therefore I didnt want it out in the open. As far as putting it to the front of the cubby, which is where I wanted it, there is no room due to the cover that slides over the cup holders. While I was working on it I had the cup holders removed and was working just in the cubby, drilled the hole and mounted the switch only to try and put the cup holders back in and the cupholder cover was hitting the switch. So I remounted it on the very bottom of the cubby since I dont really put anything but reciepts in there and there is a mat to cover it up. Once I hooked up the wires and tried to reattach the center console I noticed that the metal clamp for the ebrake lines were hitting the switch and wouldnt let me take off the ebrake. I was able to bend the 3 prongs off to the side and duct tape the wires to the bottom of the console to keep them out of the way. It seems to be clearing it fine now.

Now here is where I am running into serious problems. First of all, I have what I believe to be alternator noise. And it only happens when I am using the Aux-in. There is a clicking noise that is fairly slow at low rpms and picks up in speed and loudness as the engine is revved. Also, there is static that I can hear in the background. It is as if the signal is unclean. The music sounds fine but you can hear static underneath all the notes. I can hear the static and it bugs me even more than my dash rattle. I do not get static from playing a cd. And the static also occurs with the car on and also off. Does anybody else have that and thats just how it is or is something wrong? Can anybody give me some suggestions? I would love to try a different audio cable but I hate to try a different one because I have to take the entire radio completely apart again to unplug it from the leptronix to try a different one and I'm not even sure that is whats causing the problems.

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the Wall of Text.

The only thing I could think is that your solder joint might be touching something else?

I am not experiencing any sounds like you are. The only other thing I could think is that your board came off and is touching something (two face tape).