LegacyGT.com

Wood dash kits

As an owner of a 06 Spec B ,I did appreciate the attempt that Subaru did to upgrade their interiors,however I was not satisfied with it brushed aluminum dash set up.

I went out and bought a kit designed especially for the 06 Legacy,,,and after speaking to the salesman and telling him I had a manual transmission ,not the automatic that kit was installed.

The fit was more accurate than I hoped for.I bought it in the burled walnut,or dark wood color...

It's cost was about $160.00,but well worth it.The lower console section however goes right over the #18 badge below the stick.

I always like the woody look,,,and for me...it works....

By the way the company was B & I ,,,the other problem was that they gave a blank piece of wood to be affixed where the Navigation system stands,,,,I simply did not use it......

And are either unable,,or incapable of processing pictures,,however if you go to CARiD.com,,,,then look up dash kits ,,a few make them,,,I chose I believe B &I they will display the pictures that you might post here.

As you know,the 06 came with only a manual ,,,they have kits for both ,,,,but what really impressed me was the fit and finish of their product ,,it was as the British say.......Spot On......and they really look good.

Wish I could post the pics,,,but they are available,,I'm just too inept,,or my pad is to do it..

Yes I have looked at them on that website, I was going to buy a kit, is it real wood or a laminate? I finish wood for a living, and I hate the wood look unless it's real. Can't help it! Thats why I haven't picked one up yet. I would just get a brushed metal kit or something else.

Well,,it can,however it does appear to be some sort of laminate with an adhesive backing.

All I can say is everyone who has seen it commented on how well it looks.

I remember the Alfa Spyder,,the TR 6 with real wood dashes when I was getting out of the army......

And who can forget that gorgeous body on the Karman Ghia convertible ,,only to have them ruin it with a wall paper pseudo wood dash board.....

These look legit,,,,,I can't say more than that......

They look nice in the pictures on the website. thanks again for the info!

Did you get the full or basic kit? and if you can figure it out post pictures,

did you use the Go advanced, then manage attachments to post pictures?

Yes,I bought the full kit,,,it's very important to include your transmission as well as the AC unit you have.

Mine ,,was the manual,,however it had a dual zone temp selection.....mine was considered auto AC .

The cut as well as the fit was excellent,,,,

However,,if you were to order..call them..give them the specifics,,I was amazed at how well it fit over the indicators....

All I can say is ,,,as I am now..I would recommend it..Just make absolutely sure of your layout...

Excuse me,,,go advanced ,,I don't even have a cell phone,,I can't download any pictures,,that's why I gave the address that someone who could download the pictures would....

Wow no cell phone, Just kidding! I started to paint my console last summer then the motor went, I got it back, and will complete it this weekend, Doing springs and brakes soon. look forward to the pictures.

Bx

Yes,,,I have no cell phone,,& relatively proud of it ..

I did mention its adhesive backing I will say it looks way better than the brushed aluminum finish,,,,,furnished on my 06

OK,,,,,I beg ,,,yes beg ...I'm not proud for someone to download the pictures for a 06 legacy......

They have the pic's,,you have the ability

Go to CARiD .com download,,,,,,,,,,and let the people speak....

The online pix hide the fact that the sticker rises off the applied surface by almost 1/8". That the fit is far from "perfect". That the kits have a ton of glare off them as the "plastic" sticker is shiny. That the smooth, slippery feeling of them is a dead give away it is a sticker and not a real wood overlay. Etc.

Like I said, to each his own. But I consider it tacky.

For comparison my Real CF interior kit (some parts are custom) cost well over $1k.

Thanks Mike for the info, even on cars that come from the factory with that wood trim look fake, my bosses Mercedes has it and I am not impressed, my Wifes Sante Fe has it and looks fake, What about the other kits they sell like the brushed Metal over lays, how does that look!

I have not seen the "brushed metal". I have seen the wood and CF kits from them. They look nothing like the fake wood in a Mercedes or in an LGT. Look far more fake.

I have posted pix of my CF interior before. Lol. But, I suppose at some point I can bring my phone out to the garage and snap a few more. My "kit" was originally supplied by R-Rev. I took his kit for an 05-07 LGT and used all th pieces that fit my 08 perfect. Then I took my OEM parts that I wanted to match and had them wrapped at Carbon by Design. Best way to describe it, is it looks much like the dry carbon used in an M3. All 100% real hand laid carbon fiber.

Archived