LegacyGT.com

Kenwood VC-300 Voice Activated NAVI

Bellagio

Just purchased the only Kenwood VC-300 I could find for sale on the innerwebbz. Pretty jacked to get it installed on the 07 LGT, so I can catch up on 2013 technology. The voice controlled navigation commands are fairly limited, but I think it'll be a cool $30 upgrade. Seeing if anyone else has this installed in theirs and where they put the microphone talk push button. I was thinking about putting it on the door handle area neat the window and door lock buttons are and wiring in some LEDs so I can see the button at night. I'll post up pics when I'm done. Just checking if anyone else in the community did this install.

Got it all installed today. Was VERY simple. The door handle LEDs didn't go as planned though, the angle of the LED would have been too sharp, unless I wanted to cut in to the circuit boxes for all the electronic window controls. I decided on putting the mic button next to the SI-Drive badge. As far as illumination, I pulled the map light housing and put two LED holders next to the map light buttons. Put the mic right next to the trip odometer reset. For the switch I purchased an Oznuim Anti-Vandal switch in the face plate of the stereo. A little bit of customization is needed for that as you have to cut part of the metal stereo trim and Dremel off some of the plastic mounting bracket behind it all. No pictures yet, too dark and too drained to go back out to the car. I'll post up tomorrow.

Archived