LegacyGT.com

Rear's Rubbing!

mb1

Hello. I'm new to the forum and have a question and a problem. I have a 2007 LGT wagon that I love. I recently put some aftermarket wheels on. The are a 18x7.5 +42 offset with 225/40/18 rubber. I researched first and knew these would stick out a little compared with the stock wheels (19mm by the calculator I used). The look and ride great except for rubbing under hard cornering or over bumps from the rear end.

The suspension is stock so this is a surprise to me. Is this normal? I think maybe my rear struts are weak and allowing too much dip in the rear end under acceleration and over uneven roads. There is definitly less fender gap in the rear then the front. "saggy butt" I guess.

I was considering replacing the struts with stronger units and perhaps lowering the car slightly but now I'm concerened the lowering will make the issue worse.

Please let me know your thoughts. Suspension need work or did I get the wrong wheels?

thanks

Try removing the rubber strip on the lip of the fender to give you just a little more clearance. its just slipped on like weather stripping.

They arnt good either, since they trap water and can cause rust.

Try removing the rubber strip on the lip of the fender to give you just a little more clearance. its just slipped on like weather stripping.

They arnt good either, since they trap water and can cause rust.

This did it! Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll have to roll the fenders when I go lower. Thanks again

Archived