LegacyGT.com

Lowering Springs

hi i have been looking for a while at different suspension options for the leggy and i need people's opinions. Should i spend the money and get coilovers?? Or should i buy koni struts and maybe eibach springs.. and last thing, can i put lowering springs on stock struts?

You can put lowering springs on stock struts, but if I were you, I'd save up and do both springs and struts at the same time. I put Epic/Eibach springs on stock struts, but now realize I should have done both at the same time. Saves money (professionally installed) and time (have to do it again).

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

You can put lowering springs on stock struts, but if I were you, I'd save up and do both springs and struts at the same time. I put Epic/Eibach springs on stock struts, but now realize I should have done both at the same time. Saves money (professionally installed) and time (have to do it again).

I did the exact same thing as you. Put eibach springs on my stock struts and have realized that I wasted my time. I'm hopeing to have enough money for konis in a few weeks though.

If you live where there isn't a lot of snow/ice/salt on the roads and have a lot of money I'd get a good set of coilovers. Cheap coilovers aren't as good as a good spring/strut combo for the price.

cheapest way to lower your car is to cut the stock springs (that is also the worst possible way to lower your car)... the next best thing is to buy lowering springs and put them on the stock struts. next is upgrade the package with new springs/struts... after that is coilovers... you should be different then everyone... get an air ride system... Do it!

Seriously just get lowering springs and stick them on... you'll be fine.

i would but i really dont have that kind of money

wait, save up and do it right the first time

I have a few friends that didn't listen to me, and now they are crying about having to spend more money on new struts. Which they could have just use the spring + strut money to get coils

wait, save up and do it right the first time

I have a few friends that didn't listen to me, and now they are crying about having to spend more money on new struts. Which they could have just use the spring + strut money to get coils

After a eibach/koni install I will have spent about the same as cheap coilovers which don't ride that well IMO. Plus they don't last well with salt/sand/snow mixtures on the road for half the year. Some people the better option is spring/strut. Others it's coilovers. Either way it's all money I was going to spend on the car anyways so no complaining from me

cheapest way to lower your car is to cut the stock springs (that is also the worst possible way to lower your car)... the next best thing is to buy lowering springs and put them on the stock struts. next is upgrade the package with new springs/struts... after that is coilovers... you should be different then everyone... get an air ride system... Do it!

Seriously just get lowering springs and stick them on... you'll be fine.

Someone is already bagged, so no luck there!:lol:

i would but i really dont have that kind of money

Either way (coilovers or spring/strut combo), save up. And in doing so, do more research. That search button is an insatiable slut ;)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived