LegacyGT.com

225 or 235!?! (/40/18)

jproy12

Hey guys,

Question:

225-40-18 or 235-40-18? I did my research, so no flaming, but I was wondering for those who have the 235-40-18, how do you like them?Will 235-40-18 rub on my stock suspension? How about 245-35-18?

I have rota Formula Mesh in 18x8 off +48 and I was told that the proper size is 225/40/18, but the tires in that size (The ones i want) are back-ordered 2 months. Can i fit 235's on 8" rims safely? I've put 225's on my stock 6-spoke RS rims without a problem!

So 235 on 8" rim is good, or not? Are they going to be bulging, like a balloon? or not?

I am getting my tires locally, since i have a 150$ coupon from them, and I also have a better price than tirerack in CAD money!

So I'm wondering, 225 or 235, since there's more sidewall with the 235 vs the 225, but is it too big of a tire?

Thanks

JP

I guess you were also looking at the General UHP option!

I debated the 235 option (since they have stock in this size) but I believe that wheel diameter would be too far off from the original size so I am now considering the hankook ventus V12 which are slightly pricier but get better reviews.

Where do you get your tires locally at such a good price?

si possible, jaimerais savoir la place ou tu vas commander tes pneus.

merci

Envoy moi un PM.. est-ce que tu es sur le club Subaru de Montreal ou d'Ottawa?

Now would 235/40 rub on the perch of the strut?

JP

If you are not lowered, your 235 will not rub at all. But your LGT will look like a 4x4.

I plan on lowering it soon though, and getting my fender's rolled this week actually!

So not quite sure... why a 4x4?

JP

I went with 225/40 on 18x8 but I'm starting to think 235/40 might have been a better choice. Just not much sidewall to protect my pretty Prodrives. Especially this time of year with potholes opening up like crazy. Overall diameter is less than stock Spec B.

I went with 225/40 on 18x8 but I'm starting to think 235/40 might have been a better choice. Just not much sidewall to protect my pretty Prodrives. Especially this time of year with potholes opening up like crazy. Overall diameter is less than stock Spec B.

Thanks for the input!!

I'll most likely get the 235/40... I'm just wondering if it'll clear the strut up front!

JP

In reality 235 is not much bigger sidewalk than 225. Just drive slowly over the pot holes and you'll be fine

Why do you say stock diameter less than a SB? Doesn't it run 215/40's?

I plan on lowering it soon though, and getting my fender's rolled this week actually!

So not quite sure... why a 4x4?

JP

Yea, I don't really get this. How's a 1" larger wheel make that much difference in an already huge wheel gap?

Post some pics up when you have your wheels on with your stock suspension.

jproy12, I have the same wheels and run 245/35/18 eagle f1 gsd3's. The 245/35 is the closest to stock size so the speedo is not off.

Thanks for the tip! The only thing is that I cant afford running 245's since they are a rare size, and not cheap by any means!

JP

235s will clear the stock struts just fine. once you change the suspension around, youl will also be fine since your getting your fenders rolled. i went with 235/40/18 on the same size wheels, P1s instead of Mesh

Thanks!!

Exactly the answer i wanted to know!

Soo ordering the 235's tomorow!! Now next step... springs, which ones!!

JP

I'm running 235/40 18 right now, on the same offset as you're looking at.

Here's a side shot of my car with stock suspension.

I plan on installing Eibach's within a few weeks, but so far there's not been any rubbing to report. It looks like if it's going to rub, it'll be on the fender, rather than the perch.

Side.jpg.48f517d734099b26990da3f2ae263f62.jpg

I'm running 235/40 18 right now, on the same offset as you're looking at.

Here's a side shot of my car with stock suspension.

I plan on installing Eibach's within a few weeks, but so far there's not been any rubbing to report. It looks like if it's going to rub, it'll be on the fender, rather than the perch.

Thanks for the picture!

As far as a drop, I'm still debating what way to go!

JP

Thanks for the picture!

As far as a drop, I'm still debating what way to go!

JP

hey JP - MSI has their private label Eibachs on sale for US$250 shipped from within Canada... that's like C$255 right now ;)

You could even pick them up if you want, they're just outside of Montreal. Only a few sets left in their GB though.

Check this out , i am running 235/40/18 BUT i am running coilover , it didn't rub the fender

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/kaho8930/IMG_0452.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/kaho8930/IMG_0455.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/kaho8930/IMG_0453.jpg

Archived