LegacyGT.com

Honda Crosstour vs. Outback

Well. after seeing the new outback and crosstour, I can clearly say that the expensive crosstour actually makes the new outback more appealing design wise(exterior) though I love the interior of the crosstour , it was very luxurious but at the cost of an entry level luxury car at that, and poor rear visibility.

What do you have against Honda?? They make great cars.

The last thing I want to do is jack the thread, or start a flame war, so I'll be as civil as possible...

I had a Honda Accord, 95 SOHC 2.2L with the 5 speed. I fixed it and gave it to a buddy. It had over 250K miles on it. The timing belt broke on it at one time and bent a few valves, meaning the car sounded like a Harley Davidson in the winter time. It was very reliable, Hell the timing belt broke and it still ran, but I gave it away because I got it for free with a fart pipe and stickers on it, and I wouldn't be caught dead driving it. I just don't want to be one of "Those people." It might be stereotypical of me to say this, but there are two kinds of Honda owners... Soccer Mom's, and Rice Boy's. At least those are the only owners I see around here. I'm neither of which. I actually lean closer to the redneck side of the spectrum, only I can use a computer, I live in the woods, and I can actually spell my own name. Blue Collar if you will. Honda's aren't my cup of tea. There is this kid who owns a nice looking 09 VTEC Civic who works in the other building at my company. He drives like an asshole, straight up asshole. Triples the speed limits, doesn't yield in rotaries, drives around in an extremely low gear for no reason, and thinks he's so badass because he financed a car while living with his parents.

I don't know, I guess my opinion of the company has been tainted by stupid people doing stupid things to Honda vehicles.

Now I don't really have a problem with the company so much as the CAR division of the company. I have a 1978 Honda CB500T project bike in pieces in my girlfriends parents garage. It's got blue metalflake paint with silver flames. It's got low miles and is in the process of being restored. At 42 HP and a top speed of around 100 MPH, it's no speed demon, but at least I know that. I'm not a Civic owner with 80 horses crankin' out of a 1.5L engine thinking I'm all that and a bag of chips, which really kinda gets to me, being a car guy. I've driven fast cars, and I've driven Honda Civics and Accords, and they are not fast. That's fine if you know they're not fast. If you buy a grocery getter throw on a muffler with a tip 3X larger than the exhaust piping and a CAI and suddenly think you have a full blown race car, you, my friend, are an idiot.

http://www.2010hondaaccordcrosstour.com/crosstour-photos/2010-Honda-Accord-Crosstour.jpg

Oh yeah, and the styling of there cars is repulsive, except for the new Civic. I actually think the new Civic is leaps and bounds better looking than the older ones, but that's probably because the image isn't permanently imprinted on my brain with a wing and a bodykit yet.

So you are more worried about the image of driving a Honda, than the actual quality of their product ?

Seems an odd way of basing a major purchasing decision.

I bought my Subaru because I wanted to attract dykes....

I'm just not sure why though.

It is still ugly.

Guest heightsgtltd
I started a separate thread on this, but the Crosstour is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. Up there with the Pontiac Aztec

So you are more worried about the image of driving a Honda, than the actual quality of their product ?

The only Honda I have ever driven was my mothers Civic Si. It was light, responsive, smooth and felt very solid.

And it had no soul, no soul at all.

I started a separate thread on this, but the Crosstour is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. Up there with the Pontiac Aztec

Agreed. I'm not a big fan with Honda's recent design choices, between the double decker digital dash of the Civic, the double chin of the CRV, the gleaming proboscis of the TL, and, now, the Fijian mermaid mismatch of a head and tail on the Crosstour and Acura ZDX. :eek:

the ugliness of the aztek loses effectiveness when everything is compared to it. The crosstour is fugly but not that fugly. The vehicross is one of the few cars that live up to the ugliness of the aztek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest heightsgtltd
I disagree. The crosstour is that fugly. Go see one in person if you haven't. Its awful, ungainly from every angle, and the rear is the worst.

I must agree that the Crosstour is very fugly as well. However, I disagree that Hondas are horrible cars. I have a 1999 Honda Accord thats my occasional driver whenever I am going to a horrible parking lot. 160k miles and nothing but the water pump and basic maintanence. I bought my mother a 2003 Honda Accord as well. 95k miles and it runs like a champ!

I didn't say they are horrible cars, I just said I wouldn't drive one. The Accord I had was a tank. Over 200K miles and it still ran fine. Bent valves from a timing belt breaking, third gear was destroyed (Not a synchro, the actual gear was stripped. It would shift into third, but as soon as you let out the clutch it would grind non-stop). The car was durable, but it was fueled by rice so I gave it away. It got rear ended so hard the radio popped out of the dashboard. After that the car was scrapped. Still ran though, even with the fenders and bumper touching the rear tires and the two 12" subs pushed through the rear seats. It looked very funny, since the muffler wasn't hit, you could see the entire fart pipe and about 4 inches of pipe sticking out from under the car. The muffler was in it's usual spot, but the rear of the car was about 18" shorter than it should've been. A very funny and pleasing sight.

Yes, you could say it's an image thing.

I don't think it's that odd. There are plenty of ways of choosing a vehicle, and plenty of brands and models to pick from. Totally ignoring just one or two brands isn't a big deal.

It's like not dating one or two girls you have a chance with because they're b&%ches. There are other fish in the sea.

Guest heightsgtltd
Honda doesn't really have anything that says "WOW"!

Right, because Subaru is offering models that people would give up their left nut for :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd
:orly: what? I agree that Honda isn't selling anything even remotely exciting esp. since S2000 was discontinued but suggesting Subaru is much better is deluding yourself

Archived