LegacyGT.com

Lowering Legacy Wagon

VeeSki

Hey i bought my car about a week ago and want to lower it,

But heard the lowering a Subaru isnt the same as holden or ford due to the AWD. Is it a good idea to lower the car?

I also want to get dark 18s and maybe a exhaust system but thats it in main time

The car is a Silver 4 gen wagon any suggestions ?

search is a beautiful thing on the forums. People lower their legacy sedans / wagons all the time. Just do some research on what you're looking for when it comes to performance vs. drop.

Other things to consider would be a whiteline bump-steer kit to help when lowering, and if you're worried about equal drop, look in to butt-spacers.

I love the Koni-Adjustable struts & epic springs. I'm currently running Koni-Adjustable with stock springs since I kept scraping my exhaust on the horrible roads in New England.

A lot of people on here can give you a lot more useful info, but thats a good place to start.

As Spooks mentioned, Koni's are are great route to go if you want some handling upgrade without going too stiff. This thread should be helpful for you:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/koni-shock-strut-epic-engineering-spring-install-145744.html

I'm running Koni's with swift wagon specific springs and loving it. That brings up another issue with out wagons, if you're not running a wagon specific spring you'll need some saggy butt spacers due to the extra weight the wagons have in the rear, which is not accounted for in sedan springs.

Archived