LegacyGT.com

Installing 07 GT topfeeds onto an 05 GT?

weaselchew

I purchased an '07 spec.b engine to replace the blown engine in my 05 GT. I was thinking it would be nice to use the newer topfeed injectors, rather than retrofitting the old '05 sidefeeds onto the new engine.

What all is needed to accomplish this? As far as I understand, it's swapping the hardware and then adjusting for the different injectors in the ECU? What data in the ECU needs to be tweaked to account for the topfeeds?

I downloaded an '05 LGT 5MT stock map and a '07 FXT 5MT stock map and started looking at the injector data (I can't find any '07 GT/spec.b stock maps that will open in RomRaider) just to get a feel for things.

I started peeking around in the "Fueling - Injectors" section...

I see the 5 fields in the injector latency are fairly similar (other than the 6v & 16v battery output being a half volt higher in '07) - can I just set my '05 latencies to match the '07 table?

Injector flow scaling: '05 is 520.59cc whereas '07 is 550.67cc. Can the same thing be done here? (set the '05 to 550.67cc)

I see the '05 has "Per Injector Primary Fuel Offset Compensation" A through D tables, but the '07 tables are "Per Injector Pulse Width Compensation" A through D. What is the difference between the two sets other than the '07 tables having a higher resolution?

What other sections would need adjustment? tip-in?

Archived