LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Audi R8

wow that's the first time I've ever been in that forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I believe the new owner of that Legacy (Greg B.) posts here on legacygt.com. I sold it to him in early 2010. (Or was it 2009? Man, I'm loosing track of time...) The R8 is a car that really can only be fairly compared against other supercars. Even at 2x or 3x the price of a build-up, I'd rather have the R8. Nothing against the Legacy. That was one of the best cars I've owned (and I've owned quite a few) but it's like comparing cashews with caviar. For example, I've driven 160mph in an R8. It was effortless. Though, the one to get is the manual. The DSG version is very, erm, "thunky" on the track.

Glad to hear the digital editions aren't on the torrents. I'd hate to have to lock the digital editions down in the future.

Damn, stoopid SubieSport I have this issue on my computer but I can't open it up because the unlock code is lost and gone forever with Subiesport's future. I do recall reading it though.

Bad on me for assuming Subiesport might be around for at least a few months after I paid for a year subscription.

Ricochet, those digital editions are locked up alright, even the subscribers who had paid can't get them ;-) I can log into the old site but it doesn't have the codes any more.

Ricochet, those digital editions are locked up alright, even the subscribers who had paid can't get them ;-) I can log into the old site but it doesn't have the codes any more.

Some of the sites we distributed the PDF copies on were locked. Likewise the NXTBook version. The copies we sell on the DVD, however, are not. Hit me off thread if you'd like an unlocked replacement.

My buddy is on his second RS4 this year. He totalled his first one chasing an STI around here. There is one in town that some punk drives and obviously has a lot of mods in it. He was antagonizing my buddy so he pulled off a side road and thought he'd smoke him... my friend misjudged a turn and totalled the Audi, while the STI zoomed by.

I still rag on him about being beat by a Subaru... although if he wanted to trade straight up.... I think I'd go for the Audi, the interior is truly top notch. He hasn't let me drive it yet (but then I haven't pushed him yet either) but I've ridden in it a few times and it drives smooth.

Bad on me for assuming Subiesport might be around for at least a few months after I paid for a year subscription.

I agree. I purchased a subscription to have something to read when I was in Afghanistan and never recieved one issue. Worst customer service ever. Towards the end of the year, I recieved about 3 Grassroots Motorsports mags. That was money well spent.

Audi's are nicer than Subarus until both cars hit about 5 years old, then the Audi starts having electrical issues and repairs get expensive, while the Subie just keeps trucking along. (unless it's got a VF40, of course!)

I agree. I purchased a subscription to have something to read when I was in Afghanistan and never recieved one issue. Worst customer service ever. Towards the end of the year, I recieved about 3 Grassroots Motorsports mags. That was money well spent.

We transferred the subscribers to GRM so you did receive something for your subscription (and they even bought a project WRX to support the new readers). If you didn't get all the issues you were owed, you really should talk to GRM about it.

The question of a magazine going out of business isn't one of customer service, it's a question of survival for me and my family. I lost close to $100,000 when the magazine went under. $100,000 I didn't have and will never get back. Just some perspective.

Of course, and I too have driven the R8. At the time my buddy's R8 was the only blue v10 with the carbon fiber inserts in north america but im sure there are more now. It was amazing to drive but the most impressive things overall was how comfortable the interior was and the braking power and stability, besides being an all out fast car.

We transferred the subscribers to GRM so you did receive something for your subscription (and they even bought a project WRX to support the new readers). If you didn't get all the issues you were owed, you really should talk to GRM about it.

The question of a magazine going out of business isn't one of customer service, it's a question of survival for me and my family. I lost close to $100,000 when the magazine went under. $100,000 I didn't have and will never get back. Just some perspective.

wow sorry to hear, i didn't mean any disrespect with trying and dling the torrent. all my buds into tuning subarus highly recommended ur magazine.

Archived