LegacyGT.com

Front brembos, stock rears?

wilclssn

OK, so i just got a really good deal on a complete set of brembos and i am ready to make the purchase but i was doing a lot of research and i came across the problem with getting the rear brembos to adapt to our cars.... from what i have researched it seems to be very expensive and labor intensive just to get them to mate up. I am actually thinking of just putting the front calipers and rotors on and just leaving my rear stockers on which brings me to my main question, are there any huge issues i would run into with that setup? i have read that your braking distance actually increases with this setup in one thread but haven't been able to find much else. i don't track my car but i do drive spirited quite often :) does anyone else have this setup and if so how do you like it? Yes they are 5x100. thanks!

I have tracked my car with front brembos for a long time. No issues. SOme people whine about the brake bias being messed up, but it's not true. I tracked for 2+ years on front Brembos and stock rears. Pads will make the biggest difference.

With that being said, shoot me a PM as I have been looking for rears to compliment the fronts on my car perhaps we can work out a deal :)

-mike

I second AZPs results. I have had SS lines, Hawk HPS' and front brembos with stock rears for ~30K plus and never felt there was any issue with the brake bias...

If you can swing the $$$, I would still suggest the rears get used just for aesthetics sake...

My .02... GL with the mod!

• 2 weeks later...
i have the front brembos only and yeah there is a slight bias to the front when braking heavy but as long as youve got good pads for the rear also should be an issue. your car isnt going to indo like you would on a bike :p

what mix of pads do you all recommend for track days with this setup?

Would Carbotech XP10's front and rear be a good match? I've read that with stock brakes people go 10's in front, 8's in back. With brembo's in front only, should i increase the rear stopping power to keep neutral bias?

AZP, what mix of pads have you tried? I'd like to try something better than HP+, which is what i've been running for front/rear the past couple track days.

We have run HP+ front and rear and it's been decent. Recently we tested out DTC-30s front with HP+ rears. We are also experimenting with the Carbone-lorraine RC5+ pads so far these have been a great mix of street and track use. Not as harsh on rotors as the DTC-30s and less pad deposits.

-mike

Archived