LegacyGT.com

wheels ?

Burba88

possibly a stupid question I was reading the wheel sticky thread and maybe im not understanding right. Im looking to get some rims for my LGT im currently on stock rims with 235s. I want to get 18inch wheels and I belive I need a 38mm offset to make it flush with my car ? How wide of a rim and offset can I run with 235s or even a 245 without doing any fender work ? thanks guys.
KMT Tuned

Anecdotally, I'm running 245/40/17's on 17x8 +45 Enkei's, dropped 1.4"(F) and 1.3"® - I needed to roll my rear fenders, but didn't have to do anything for the front. Gap is about 1.5 fingers all around and I'm pretty square/flush.

How wide are your 18" wheels going to be? If you're running 245's, you should go at least 8". If you're stock height, you might be okay, but with a +38.. I'd just roll the rears for ~$50/fender and play it safe, rather than tear up my tires.

I think I will play it safe and run a minimal offset say 48mm and stay with a 7.5 or 8inch wide wheel so I can for sure run some 235/40 with no fender work. love to run some 245's but Im not going to risk maybe rolling my fenders. I have a finger gap right now with my 235s im on cobb springs and no rubbing, just hoping a.5 inch wider rim and offset wont screw me
KMT Tuned

I dont want to run in to having to roll my fenders so I would hate to buy some 245's and come into issues, my stock rims witch are 17 7.5 inches wide with a 55mm offset and 235s are close so I would imgaine going less of a offset and bigger rim will rub
KMT Tuned

Archived