LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

Thanks magnuson for answering his question. We have communicated further and he will be using opensource tuning.

Speaking of I just got done sending out his instructional email as well as blasting out a bunch of emails,basemaps, revisions and instructional emails. I really appreciate the business and glad people are buying Christmas presents for the cars they love :)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave and I are winding down our tuning, I consider myself an accomplished Master Technician. Boy would I love to spending some time with Dave and learn his craft! I thought about doing my own tuning until I counted the costs I had in building this engine. Rest assured when laypeople ride in my car I am a miracle worker! This thing is FAST and has awesome driveability. Those who know cars like some of the techs working for me are in awe of what can be accomplished via email. Awesome job Dave, strongly recommend. I will be back after I can afford am fueling!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the good words and glad you enjoy the car. I truly enjoy hearing comments like this as it makes me realize that I become a part of every build and am very happy to hear you enjoy it that much more. Sent out a bunch of stickers as well so keep an eye out.

Thanks for the business.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little write up on common boost leak/vac leaks including large pictures and such. Hopefully its helpful to some.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-vacuum-leaks-and-you-pics-inside-235626.html

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to post a review for Dave much earlier than this, but here we go. :)

I ordered a Stage 2 93 oct tune from Dave @ Cryotune around late August of 2014. I previously had a Cobb Stage 2 OTS tune on the car, and it acted a little bit funny sometimes.

Some of my symptoms included: soft misfires at idle, random inconsistent boosting, among other little things. After changing my spark plugs to the NGKs that Dave recommended, paying the small fee that he charges for his outstanding work and customer service, a base map, and six or seven revisions, the car has been running great! I'm getting an extra pound of boost, and what feels like much more reliably. My idle has cleared up a bit, boost is always consistent, and even partial throttle situations feel much more controllable and smoother.

Dave was always very quick to respond, even when I was unable to be. Working and going to school full time gets in the way of play time... haha.

He was always very clear about what he was doing, what parameters he was adjusting, and ensured that my engine was going to be safe during the entire process.

Whenever someone asks what tune I have on my car, I tell them that it's an E-Tune that was completed for under $200 ;)

They always reply with something along the lines of: "Ah man, your motor's going to pop! You need to get it dyno-tuned at (insert shop here) for $600!"

I then have to explain to these WRX/Evo kids that Cryotune Performance does it right, and just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they perform shoddy work.

All in all, I'm in love with the way my engine is running. A million thanks to Dave @ Cryo!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done blasting out a ton of emails, Basemaps, Revisions and pms. Thank you guys for a great start to 2015. If you have any questions please let us know and thanks for the business!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All but done with my tune from Dave... just have to send over some logs for him to check up on things after a little mileage has passed. My experience has been very positive, and I'm very hopeful to stick with Dave for tuning my wagon as I tack on more parts. Currently at a "stage 2" setup with a catted downpipe, catless uppipe, and Grimmspeed TMIC. Dave did a great job very safely and carefully tuning the car. It feels much stronger over the Cobb OTS stage 2 map that I was previously running, especially in the low-mid range. I've also noticed a bump in my gas mileage, especially just as boost is kicking in where I could tell I the OTS map was rich.

Now I just need to get a turbo that can keep up with the efficiency and size of this TMIC and get some more power under the hood.

Thanks, Dave!

I am finally going to be able to move forward. After only a baseline tune I found out what I thought was a vacuum leak, I had a bent valve. Arghhh! Now almost 2 months later I am picking my car up today. A little gentle test driving and I can record some data to send to Dave for the next step. This has been a long strange trip.

Posting this as a review here;

I actually held off on getting car tuned for about a year while I was trying to figure out what was going on. This was my first subaru and first turbo car; needless to say after hours of trying to figure out tuning on my own and a ton of frustration for little quirks in driving I contacted Dave to see his opinion on my issues with car and possible get him to do a etune. The source of the 'knock' I was struggling to find seems to be normal and I went forward with the tune. My 05 LGT is now stage 2, catless DP, catless UP, and tuned perfectly. I couldnt be happier with the job Dave did on this tune. I would personally highly recommend his etune service to anyone looking to get your car tuned correctly the first time around.

Thanks Dave!

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

This post is to let our clientele and new customers alike know that we will be closed from Friday April 17th through Monday April 27th. During this time we will be out of contact and unable to answer any emails/pms/requests/order processing etc and will suspend all etuning for these dates.

Each current customer or customer that starts in the next couple weeks will be guaranteed to have a safe map to drive around on during this time but no progress will be made on the tune during these dates.

This is a courtesy post to allow customers to plan their tuning needs accordingly and make sure no one is caught off guard.

Thanks for the support and Thanks for the business.

Dave

Cryotune Performance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Thanks for the continued business and its a pleasure providing this community on a daily basis. This is a reminder about the post above and the time we will be closed from the end of next week to the 27th and will return to business as usual on the 28th.

You guys are the best.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a very quick note. I have been getting cryotuned for what to Dave must seem like forever. Even though he warned me initially he was absolutely key in me getting some specific mechanical issues diagnosed and repaired. He was also incredibly (think Jobe) patient with me while I muddled through laptop issues and my own inexperience with turbos, tuning, etc.

After my turbo blew at Christmas 2013 and I did a lot of repairs & mods initially I paid a lot more money to a local tuner who though they got my car tuned, they completely missed some stuff that Dave was able to pick up on just from the data and my input about something mechanical needing addressing. He has given me many pointers along the way that were outside the scope of what he is getting paid for simply because it helped me. I am very, very grateful and even though we aren't finished yet I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone that wants to work with an expert tuner.

Color me grateful

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Just knocked out a TON of revisions, emails, base maps for pretty much every stage offered and some pms too. Wow I'm tired, thanks for the business.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Dave, sent you an email to apologise for the (numerous months) delay at getting logs back to you, was in a JetSki accident and haven't been driving too sore still, hope it's not too late to get logs back to you sorry for the mammoth delay!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Revisions are basically done I got to give Dave a monster shout out! Super fast response, answers any question and just awesome customer service I couldn't be happier with the tune !! Thanks again Dave ! Now for more parts and I'll be back for another tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk