97 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite color?

• Atlantic blue pearl
    • Brilliant silver metallic
    • Garnet red pearl
    • Obsidian black pearl
    • Regal blue pearl
    • Satin white pearl

I'm just curious what people think of the colors. I haven't seen them all. I was leaning toward white or black or regal blue until I saw the regal blue one. Then I didn't want that one. I am leaning toward white now, although I haven't seen it in person. Thanks, Dhyana P.S. I haven't done a poll before, so I hope this will work ...

Garnet Red is very nice... Of course I own a Garnet Red GT Limited Wagon! 8) I was so pleasantly surprised with the color when I took delivery of the car. Black would have been my second choice.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Personally, I'm not very fond of the colors of the Legacy. the only one I am a little more than ok is the Regal Blue, which I've yet to see on a sunny day yet. I'll probably go with the Regal Blue. I don't want another black car, silver doesn't do much for me, atlantic blue I'm just ok about it, but like regal blue - I haven't seen in sun light yet. The other colors aren't for me either. If it came in an Ocean Blue, think Audi Ocean Blue, I'd be on it in a heart beat. Ocean Blue is between AB and RB - darker than AB but lighter than RB. - Mike

I voted for black because I actually like that color better, but will probably order the white as it might seem a little more clean than it is. Now that I finally understand the JDM/USDM bumper difference, I like the looks of the JDM better, which comes on the white cars. Dhyana

[quote name='TeeLoo']Garnet Red is very nice... Of course I own a Garnet Red GT Limited Wagon! 8) I was so pleasantly surprised with the color when I took delivery of the car. Black would have been my second choice.[/quote] I bought Garnet Red -- I'm a bit surprised that it's not more popular; but, I just happen to like red (originally wanted an Audi A4 wagon in Amulet Red, but that color is discontinued anyways). I didn't like it in black -- dark blue would have been my second choice. I admit that the color choices aren't great, but the red really spoke to me. Is it the arrest-me factor, or are Scooby people just not into reds?

[quote name='fattyfox'][quote name='TeeLoo']Garnet Red is very nice... Of course I own a Garnet Red GT Limited Wagon! 8) I was so pleasantly surprised with the color when I took delivery of the car. Black would have been my second choice.[/quote] I bought Garnet Red -- I'm a bit surprised that it's not more popular; but, I just happen to like red (originally wanted an Audi A4 wagon in Amulet Red, but that color is discontinued anyways). I didn't like it in black -- dark blue would have been my second choice. I admit that the color choices aren't great, but the red really spoke to me. Is it the arrest-me factor, or are Scooby people just not into reds?[/quote] This must be your first suby.. because these Legacy color choices kick arse compared to what has been offered in the past for subaru models. I think that the red isn't a big color for subies because many of us choose them for thier sleeper qualities. Plus I think that the GT looks a little more understated with a different color.. the red is nice though.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']This must be your first suby.. because these Legacy color choices kick arse compared to what has been offered in the past for subaru models. I think that the red isn't a big color for subies because many of us choose them for thier sleeper qualities. Plus I think that the GT looks a little more understated with a different color.. the red is nice though.[/quote] You're right -- what I should have said is that these colors are quite nice, but I just would have liked more choices. I might have considered something more subdued (like VW Silver Blue) had it been available.

I like the black, and that's what I got, but I REALLY liked the Atlantic Blue Pearl. Those were the two colors I was most interested in, and the only MT GT I could find in local dealer inventory was black, so thats what I went with. I don't think any of the colors look bad.

For me, I love the Silver and have now owned two silver cars. Its a lot easier to keep clean and looks clean even when dirty. When its washed and polished, with the tyres done, it looks mad. I find the Silver is an easier car to do up as well as you can mix and match a lot of things with it.

AB with black, but not AB with taupe. The interior color really changes the outside by having more contrast. I'm really liking white/black as well. That said, I may be waiting on Urban Grey to hit our shores.

I am about to purchase a satin white GT Ltd sedan auto. At the dealership, i was told that all colors on the legacy have two coats of paint. except the Black and White. The white allegedly has three coats and the black only one. can anyone confirm this? at any rate, I can't wait to get my car in the white! Atlantic blue is very hard to find in the sedan here in vancouver canada.

Hello all -- First post for me... This has actually been an ongoing debate for me and my wife. So we went to a dealer that happened to have every color on the lot so we could compare them... I've had 2 black cars (89 Taurus SHO and current 96 Contour), and really like the look. Yeah, they show the dirt, but if you can accept that they're just going to look perfect all the time, they're amazing and worth it after a wash... And we also have a Midnight Blue Pearl Odyssey that's beautiful... So, I'm looking at the GT Ltd -- here's the rundown: [list]Black & Tan (OBP) -- Sounds great (after hours) and looks [b]awesome[/b]! Royal Blue (RBP) -- Test drove a RBP/taupe GT that was pretty sweet, but seeing as we already have the Odyssey that's almost exactly the same color (had them side-by-side in the dealer's lot and color match was almost perfect), thinking it may look a bit weird having 2 vehicles the same color... Garnet Red (GRP) -- Dealer had a GRP/taube that looked pretty great -- not an "arrest me" cherry red at all, but more rich, deep -- but not dark -- and only slightly pearl, the kind I like -- but wifey didn't care for it. Satin White (SWP) -- Also pretty nice, although I didn't notice much of a pearl to it as others had mentioned, but again nixed by the wife. Brilliant Silver (BSM) -- Never had one, and I like it, but apparently so do 1/2 the buyers of all the other cars on the road... Atlantic Blue (ABP) -- Beautiful color, nice pearl to it. Almost has just a hint of green or gray fleck to it if you get the reflection just right. The only thing I don't like about it is how similar it is to the Camry blue.[/list] So: wifey's list is: ABP, RBP, OBP, BSM, GRP, SWP And, at this moment, my list is: BSM, OBP, RBP, ABP, GRP, SWP, subject to change in 5 minutes. Stefan One last thing: If only they existed on the Legacy, my top choices would be Rally Blue or Crystal Gray... Umm... 2004 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES, Midnight Blue Pearl 1996 Ford Contour SE, Black, soon to be replaced...

Initially I didn't care for white, I've seen a lot of (older) white Legacies on the road and they just look too dowdy. I figured I'd need to get one in black for it to have any sex appeal. But having seen some pics of the new Leg in white, I've changed my mind. I really like the way white contrasts with the dark area around the headlights, and I like that the white hides the back-up lights and third brake light better. sqrl b8

Archived