LegacyGT.com

6th gen wheel spacers??

Anyone running wheel spacers ...

Is it safe to do so?

Wheel spacers are always a bad idea from a safety standpoint ... especially when installed for cosmetic reasons. They also change suspension geometry, which affects handling, and wheel bearing loads, which may affect reliability.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Anyone running wheel spacers on their 6th gens?i want my wheels to flush with the fenders maybe 3/8"

Is it safe to do so?

In the sense that you'd be introducing an additional potential point of failure, ammcinnis is, of course, right as usual. And increasing your offset will always put more stress on your wheel bearings.

If you're not too worried about wheel bearing longevity, however, and choose a well-made spacer, you could be okay. I ran 25mm (0.98") spacers on my 6th-gen for a few months with no issues. I then sold them to an Outback buddy who also ran them for many months without problems, in spite of aggressive driving and big brake kits. I also have friends with high-powered cars who've used spacers safely for many years. So, ymmv, and it depends on your tolerance for risk and for associated wear and tear.

If you do get spacers, consider either steel ones (heavy, but strong and cheap) or, if you want lightweight aluminum ones, get those made from stronger 7075-T6 aluminum (expensive but worth it) instead of 6061-T6 aluminium (noticeably more affordable).

If one of your key goals is flush fitment with 6th-gen stock Limited wheels, 3/8" (0.38") won't do it. I'd recommend 0.79" (20mm). Bear in mind though that flush fitment emphasizes wheel arch gaps, which could put you on the slippery slope of lowering your car, and everything that follows from that. You have been warned :lol:

@redvenetian on Instagram

Anyone running wheel spacers on their 6th gens?i want my wheels to flush with the fenders maybe 3/8"

All I can find is 5x100 to 5x114 adapters

Is it safe to do so?

Just buy a good set of wheels with a good offset.. If you do get spacers use H&R and I wouldn't go more than 25mm.. Wheels flush to fender would be around +45 to +40..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just buy a good set of wheels with a good offset.. If you do get spacers use H&R and I wouldn't go more than 25mm.. Wheels flush to fender would be around +45 to +40..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks,I guess I'll just save up to get a new set of wheels since I plan on going bigger on wheels..

Archived