LegacyGT.com

Found a 2008 SpecB

I found a 2008 spec B in a junkyard with 96k on the clock. Blown turbo and motor. It's been sitting for 2 years. Interior is 9/10 body is 8/10 New tires no dry rot.

I'm looking at close to 9k in parts and labor to get this running. Plus cost of the car.

Worth the buy having a mint specb for 12k+

I want it to replace my Legacy now. Engine and trans will only last another 20k maybe. So that 1200 for a engine and 1000k for trans(parts and install). Plus the body and subframe rot that wont see 200k. I'm at 120k right now

I'm looking to keep it. They want 3.4k for it. which is pretty cheap. i don't they think they know what is it.

The way I look at it. I'll have a brand new engine and clutch which will last. It will be OEM king bearing arp stuff and stock pistions for great reliability. It needs brakes and the whole oil system replaced too. Plus what every suspension stuff if on its way out. top mounts are a little dry

Insurance and Inspection is up on my legacy in September so I need to act fast.

If you can get the car for a low price, can do some of the work yourself, you can have a great car for that $12,000 or a little less.

Lot's of us have put a ej257 short block in our cars, vf52 turbo, great tune and get many miles of trouble free driving.

I'm over 91,000 miles on mine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That was the plan with ej257 and vf52 with a open soruce tune. My situation is little more compliated. Since I pretty already own the car. (bought from copart) Some stuff I can do but rebuild the engine and other stuff I can not. The parts do out weight the labor which is why the quote I got was so high.

Can you at least pull the engine ?

I see your in NJ.

http://www.AZPinstalls.com may be close to you ? I've bought a few things from them over the years. good people.

My click here link has some good pictures and things you may want to think about while the engine is out.

If you want a better clutch get a complete STI FW and clutch set up. There's not a whole lot out there for the stock Spec B FW.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Archived