LegacyGT.com

Need a code scanner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone will scan your code for free so that they can sell you the parts you need to fix it.

Ok thanks, how much are the scanners though? If they are cheap enough id like to just buy one

You can get a cheap one for $25 on ebay that will hook up to your laptop, or you can get an expensive $100 Bluetooth one that will connect to your smartphone, or you can get a $10,000 industrial unit that will turn your car into a Decepticon.

You can get a cheap one for $25 on ebay that will hook up to your laptop, or you can get an expensive $100 Bluetooth one that will connect to your smartphone, or you can get a $10,000 industrial unit that will turn your car into a Decepticon.

Ok thanks. Is this obd1 or obd2?

Take a look at these: http://www.scangauge.com/

It scans codes but also serves as a really in depth trip meter. Real time mpg, fuel consumption, miles to zero, digital tach, digital speedometer, coolant thermometer. I have one and I love it. If you buy a scanner, you get to use it every now and then when you need to scan a code. When you buy one of these you get to use it every day for other things too.

The new ones are even cooler than what I've got because they'll record and time things like your best 0-60 time, quarter mile time, and 60-0 distance.

http://tunertools.com/prodimages/ScanGauge/ScanGauge_large.jpg

you can get a $10,000 industrial unit that will turn your car into a Decepticon.

Now that is tempting right there..

This is what I have, 14 and some change delivered and the torque app on my Nexus 7

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KL0I9I/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner: Automotive[/ame]

dude scan gauges are so outdated, you can do a million more things, cheaper with an app

Coolant Temp, HP, MPG current and Avg, 0-60 times, o2 flows, many more too

-former scangaugeII owner

Can't get a ticket for checking your scangauge while driving :p

Also, I've got a blackberry so I never can get the fun apps. Just made myself seem even more dated and obsolete lol

Can't get a ticket for checking your scangauge while driving :p

Also, I've got a blackberry so I never can get the fun apps. Just made myself seem even more dated and obsolete lol

in that case, hell yeah for scangauge! lol

Scruffy,why didnt you get the small one? ha it goes about ".5 out of the port, you can leave it in all the time

i'll have to find the file for that app, i think apple pulled it from the market, it was part of a kickstarter project that went under

Scruffy,why didnt you get the small one? ha it goes about ".5 out of the port, you can leave it in all the time

Really I just got it to make sure the CEL was only about the pin hole in the filler neck. I didn't know you could run the thing all the time, clear codes or even actually get all the detailed info. Later I may get one. But the N7 is a bit too big to tote around all the time anyway. If I get something like an HTC One or something I will.

ELM327 - Exact one i bought

TorquePro - Android App

Zues, have you had any issue with the ELM327. I have seen some bad reviews on it on the torque website. I'm working on getting a tablet dash stereo set up and with would be nice to run all the torque gauges on the tablet in the dash. And $15 is crazy cheap.

ive been using the elm327 bluetoof module for a while now, it gets used on all 4 of my vehicles and my friend asks me to use it at his shop as well. he has a pro scanner, but likes the screens i have set up for the fuel ratios, timing and idle and everything. says its easier to deal with than the little screen on his full scanner. its been used and abused (kids trying to figure it out) for a long time so far, id buy another if it broke.

ive been using the elm327 bluetoof module for a while now, it gets used on all 4 of my vehicles and my friend asks me to use it at his shop as well. he has a pro scanner, but likes the screens i have set up for the fuel ratios, timing and idle and everything. says its easier to deal with than the little screen on his full scanner. its been used and abused (kids trying to figure it out) for a long time so far, id buy another if it broke.

If anyone knows how to get the iphone version for free message me! ;)

Perfect, thanks. I ended up just ordering one yesterday anyway. I'm working on a 7' tablet for a stereo install and figured that torque would be a handy thing to have on there while i'm at it so I can run all my gauges right in my dash.

• I Donated
or you can get a $10,000 industrial unit that will turn your car into a Decepticon.

I have one of those

http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/VERUS

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived