LegacyGT.com

Subaru Viziv-7

nemo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No they don't, they need to make it in orange, that is all the wife needs to be happy! Seriously though, this thing should get the FA20DIT at a minimum and hopefully a newer, stronger, more reliable version of the HT-CVT cause I don't want to have to buy the extended warranty, lol.

Well I would bet Toyota had a hand in the design and it will probably share a facility with the Toyota variant so that makes sense. It will need more power unless they have a H8 in the works it will need a boosted Boxer to appease the USDM.

Well I would bet Toyota had a hand in the design and it will probably share a facility with the Toyota variant so that makes sense. It will need more power unless they have a H8 in the works it will need a boosted Boxer to appease the USDM.

Toyota is not sharing facilities with Subaru any longer, and their cooperation is based mostly on hybrid technology and the BRZ/FRS. Of all the automakers, Toyota is the least likely to need help selling/designing/engineering vehicles.

If it carries through with the upright cabin like the forester, but larger I will be pleased. As for the engine, with CAFE standards set to increase for the foreseeable future I dont expect to see anything larger than a DIT 4 or DI H6. Subaru has all but neutered performance in everything thats not a wrx.

The body shape to me closely resembles the current Highlander.

Cars do tend to follow cookie cutter patterns, but you have to remember aerodynamics affects vehicles in the same way no matter who builds them. So in a way manufacturers are limited to what changes they can make, we as consumers, demand: space, luxury, visibility, safety, fuel economy, and low prices. Car makers have to make a profit, which is hard if not impossible to do when you build one-off parts for every car in your line-up. So the regulation you speak of is really just economics, and the regulators are the shareholders.

Was just at the Subaru dealership today and I asked about some juicy details about upcoming Subarus

Salesman said their manager just came back from a gathering of Subaru people's and they got a look at the 3 row SUV to which he said it was "pretty sharp looking".

Get this... he said it will be a Forester with a 3rd row. I questioned him about it asking where the Ascent name came from and he sort of looked at me funny. Said it will be the size of a Highlander, and have the 2.0 DIT and can tow 4500lbs.

Also said they are looking at a 2018 redesign on the Outback, said redesign not refresh. Didn't hear anything regarding the Legacy.

I'm just passing along what I was told, take it as you see fit.

This is essentially what we're looking at.

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/406/546/7/S4065467/slug/l/subarutribeca-g01-kgp-ed-1.jpg

Granted it's a prototype so the exterior may just be a jigsaw puzzle of pieces from previous models. Looks like an outback front end, forester tail lights, etc.

Brakes are off of a 3.6r which gives me hope for an H6 variant. Only time will tell..

So then the 2.2l DIT would replace the H6? Or would that be the base engine with the 3.6 (smaller H6 we've heard about??) as an option?

Or do you think this will be a one engine only??

Second follow up question, would this supposed 2.2DIT then become the standard in all vehicles (the new 2.5NA or sorts?)

Considering Subaru is still putting 2.5s in their lineup I doubt they are going away anytime soon. I would expect a 2.2DIT to be the new hi power engine, and the H6 will probably go away. If you consider what other automakers are doing with their larger vehicles, the turbo H6 makes even less sense.

This thing has similar dimensions to a Tahoe. If that is true, it should tip the scales at over 5000 lbs. With that weight the 2.0DIT will be woefully under powered, even if they use the levorg motor (295/296)

Lets continue the on the Tahoe path, at just under 5400 lbs it has a 5.3 V8 with 355/383 tq,

- C&D pegs 0-60 at 7.2 and quarter is 15.5.

this is with a hp/lb of 15.2

Lets put the Viziv at 5000 lbs

with the 295/296 we get a hp/lb of 16.95 ~17

Subaru HAS to give it significantly more then 300 hp otherwise this thing will crawl. Either a larger displacement DIT motor, a revised H6, or a turbo H6. (Maybe a pipe dream H8? HAHA)

Knowing subaru they will do something silly since they have this vendetta of making sure the STi has the most power in their lineup at all costs. The problem is this WILL cost more then an STi (the tahoe starts at nearly 50k) so its going to either get a brand new engine, or the car will flop.

Archived